Hotspot Shield VPN

Avaliações do Hotspot Shield VPN

da AnchorFree

Connect to any place in the world with optimal security and anonymous identity

Avaliado em 18/11/2019
Osamah A.
Student
Segurança de rede e informática, 5001-10 000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I am a big gamer and in games, milliseconds can make a difference. In most cases, the country I live in is pretty far away from the games server, thus I would have a very bad PING and delay in the game. But Hotspot Shield VPN has brought me closer to those servers, allowing me to play my favourite games without any sort of delay and with better connectivity. I am really grateful to my friend who introduced this software to me!

Vantagens: The main purpose of Hotspot Shield VPN is to keep your identity secured and protected while surfing the internet as well as to connect you to literally any place / any country in the world. And the truth is said, Hotspot does what it is supposed to do with great efficiency. I like the unlimited amount of countries you can connect to from your very same seat at home! When gaming, some servers in particular countries have higher PING than others and Hotspot can give you access to those servers without the hassle of actually travelling to the countries. It is fast and efficient, some other VPN programs might slow down your internet connection, but Hotspot does not slow it down and instead, it increases it.

Desvantagens: As good as the free trial version might be, it is not enough. The bandwidth is limited and so is the possible countries to connect to. But once you've purchased a subscription, I guarantee it you won't face any troubles! and you will enjoy endless features and deals.

Hotspot Shield VPN - good value for the money

Avaliado em 16/10/2019
Alex M.
Specialist HR Consultant
Serviços financeiros, 501-1000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: For me it's the best VPN service I ever used. Price/quality value is very good. I used other services (vypr, nord, express) and the overall experience is much or less the same but most cases for a bigger price

Vantagens: I used hostpot elite (paid version) for almost five years. I purchased a lifetime license which I found very appealing from the price point of view. My primarily use back then, was to access Netflix, US content. I worked alright with no issue. Later on Netflix made some adjustments and from time to time I received the vpn connection error, for which I had to logout, clear browsing data and sign in again. It worked. Afterwards I used it for all day use for browsing in new locations, airports, etc. It has numerous locations from which you can choose to connect all over the world. Some of the connections work best other not so reliable but there're plenty to choose from. I use mainly the connection from Romania, the country where I live and couldn't notice a big difference in terms of speed reduction. However, ping time increases. Customer support, very responsive

Desvantagens: -ping time increases
-you have to install the app on all the devices you use
-I cannot use it on my router

Good software

Avaliado em 07/01/2020
Saman K.
Phd graduate student
Gestão da educação, 501-1000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I have had a very positive experience. I have used it to 1. access sites which were limited in certain countries and 2. apps whose features were limited in certain countries .

Vantagens: Very easy to use. This app opens any web content which is restricted in your area. This software super user friendly . You just need to open the app and click the power button and it works smoothly for hours.

Desvantagens: As this app opens the content which is limited due to geographical limits, I am worried that this app also opens the website with viral content which can damage my phone .

This nice!

Avaliado em 22/11/2019
Carlos M.
student
E-Learning, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Good enough to be a trial version, it fulfills the main function. The biggest problems are the limitation of functions because it is a trial version and that some websites detect the use of the software and deny access.

Vantagens: The software lends its basic function quite well in the trial version, although it is difficult to be encouraged by a pro version.The biggest advantage of the software is to ensure anonymity.

Desvantagens: The software has too many limitations in the trial version, the basic function is not enough to give an idea of ​​the potential of the software. In addition, the large number of existing free software that perform the same work does not encourage the user to acquire the pro version.

My Favorite VPN

Avaliado em 07/12/2019
Computer Science Student
Software, 1001-5000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I tried out different VPN's but I liked HotSpot Shield the best. It's the most reliable and easy-to-use VPN among the ones I used.

Vantagens: There are lots of countries to connect to, which is nice. It's a great product if you are living in a country with restrictions on certain websites. It also provides a greater security as your actions are not traced. Speed can sometimes be an issue, but I overcame that problem by trying out different country options. So that's not too big of a problem. The speed overall is nice. For example, video streaming websites like Netflix worked without pausing.

Desvantagens: Disconnections can be a problem if you are using the regular version, but I guess that is the nature of VPN's

Affordable, does what you need it to do

Avaliado em 15/12/2019
Dental Student
Educação superior, 501-1000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: A great tool to stay anonymous and protect your browsing on the net while in public spaces or even at home. 5/5 stars.

Vantagens: I've been using Hotspot Shield for a few years now and I find it very easy to use. The interface looks simple and clean, and it is extremely straightforward. I have not had any problems with it failing to connect. You are able to switch your connection location with a click of a button. I use BitDefender Antivirus and it is powered by Hotspot Shield; a great combination!

Desvantagens: I have not found anything that I do not like about this software yet. It has served me well over the years.

One of the best VPN services in the market

Avaliado em 28/10/2019
Burak K.
Graduate student
Desenvolvimento e comércio exterior, 10 001+ funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: When I am in Turkey, I mostly use it to unblock some websites, and, when I am not, I use it mainly for security purposes.

Vantagens: What I like the most about Hotspot Shield are the design of the user interface and the functionality of the browser extension. Hotspot Shield offers much more than what you expect from a VPN service, by providing lots of useful information about your connection and blockers to secure your activity and it does so through a cutting-edge but user-friendly interface.

Desvantagens: There are mainly two things that I like the least about Hotspot Shield: First, the rather limited list of country servers that can be used and, second, the monthly price of the premium account.

Its pros outweigh its minor "flaws"

Avaliado em 21/11/2019
Tugce E.
Doctoral candidate / Sessional lecturer
Políticas públicas, 10 001+ funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: What I like most about this software is that it allows me to easily access the content I want to watch in different countries without much hassle. It is easy to use it and does not require much of a tech knowledge, especially after it is downloaded on your computer. It is pretty reliable and works in most of the cases.

Desvantagens: The only downside that I have so far experienced is something that is also common for its competitors: issue of reliability. There is also the risk that the software cannot provide access even if it is connected and everything is as should be or disconnects or stops working when you change a tab and/or go to another webpage.

Hotspot Shield

Avaliado em 31/12/2019
Sanel P.
Software Analyst
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: You get what you pay for. Buy a quality VPN and do research looking for data leaks and country that company resides in.

Vantagens: It is easy to use. Did have a history of better service for clients. Can be bundled with other products.

Desvantagens: It can be gotten for free. Many free VPN's typically sell data. Has had a data leak of user information.

EASY VPN app

Avaliado em 04/10/2019
Mohamed A.
ESH Officer
Mineração e metais, 1001-5000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: it is easy to use and has a free version.

Desvantagens: It is not stable and speed is not great.

One of the best VPN apps really!

Avaliado em 11/10/2019
Adnan A.
student
Consultório médico, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: This app is best one for those who are not willing to purchase premium memberships, at least compared to other VPN apps!

Vantagens: - You will have a free 7 days premium membership trial, which is 100% true!
- You can continue using the app after the trial period, even if you have not purchased the premium membership!

Desvantagens: The regular membership (after finishing the trial period) is not that much (slow browsing, lots of disconnections, lots of ads, restriction on changing the location, and so on!)

Hotspot Shield VPN Review

Avaliado em 24/05/2019
Technical Support Engineer
Aviação e aeroespacial, 5001-10 000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: You can choose from various countries for internet access but occasionally hangs.

Vantagens: You can select different countries. The price is not too expensive.

Desvantagens: sometimes it freezes and you never get out of the internet.

Frontier less restrictions and data in secure.

Avaliado em 21/06/2019
Fabian M.
Polymath. Engineering, R&D; student w/ encouraging projects.
Internet, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I love it because I can listen to my music with other IP while I'm working, studying or doing other things in the same browser and I don't even make sure that my IP is from anywhere else but where I currently am. Just one tab, a couple of saved websites are in the list to be protected.

Vantagens: I can have it On mode for just a tab in the browser and It allows me to be unreachable for these pages that spamming you with publicity and some annoying ads. Also, you can choose where to be and see things restricted to just and only a certain local area, like documents, videos, and songs in media websites.

Desvantagens: Almost you must turn On every time you close the browser or other applications and you open them again. It doesn't always on unless, it includes when you shut down your computer -for desktop version case- and later when you start it, you must activate it manually.

Hotspot shield vpn looks like our friend

Avaliado em 20/10/2019
Lecturer
Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I am using this software from class 12 till today and still using having good speed and I suggest this to my all friends

Vantagens: Hotspot shield vpn is free vpn and speed is much more better

Desvantagens: Like this software because this now my friend

My experience with Hotspot Shield VPN

Avaliado em 06/08/2019
Parttime SaaS/B2B Content Writer
Redação e edição de texto, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I discovered Hotspot Shield VPN while looking for a VPN that could replace the one I was using. What I like best about it is how I can use it on my browser alone. This lets me keep my software number at a minimum. Within the browser, it offers many benefits like access to geo-locked content. I also like how it gives me security while I am browsing sites because it masks my location and identity.

Desvantagens: I have also tried using its downloadable software. It opened new doors such as secure P2P but it throttled my limited computing resources. Plus, there were way too many ads that they distracted me from work.

Fast and safe

Avaliado em 08/11/2019
Lawyer
Serviços jurídicos, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I use it to connect safely to keep safe my phone and computer

Vantagens: Hotspot shiel vpn is a good vpn software, you can keep safe your connection and you can connect fastly without any problem.

Desvantagens: After 7 day for free it is impossible to connect on mobile and on computer you have just limited time and the app always disconnects.

This was my first VPN

Avaliado em 13/12/2019
Ivan W.
E-Learning, 2-10 funcionários
Usou o software para: 6 a 12 meses
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: In my country, we need it many times because of restrictions from other countries regarding accessing certain sites. Hotspot VPN is a true life saver for beginners.

Vantagens: Had an option for testing it, Hotspot shield saved my life in the beginning, I could not use any other VPN which truly worked, with a free period or option.

Desvantagens: Speed, sometimes speed was too slow. I eventually stopped using it because one member of my team found another option that suited better our current needs. But I strongly recommend it to start using VPN.

Worked the best

Avaliado em 18/12/2019
Mafalda C.
Freelancer
Consultoria de gestão, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: This VPN was the best in allowing me to stay in touch and work while travelling.

Vantagens: I had not heard of this VPN, while I had heard a lot about others, I was recommended by friends to get this one for my trip to China. I got one more VPN just to be safe and Hotspot Shield was the best one.

Desvantagens: Not much to say since my use of it was not extensive and it worked well for me. Probably it would be great if it was available for other operating systems.

Cannot protect home network

Avaliado em 27/11/2019
Shannon S.
Student
E-Learning, 1001-5000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I installed this on my home
Computer. I found out it was only protecting my computer IP address but not my router IP address. I contacted the company, 2 weeks after paying for A month subscription. They just stated “sorry they are unable to protect my system”. They did not offer to refund the rest of the month, nor did they offer any solutions to try. They turned off my VPN immediately , so I lost the remainder of the month I had already paid for as well.

Desvantagens: Does not protect home networks, terrible customer service.