Ideal for some, but quickly outgrown

Avaliado em 29/08/2016
4.5 / 5
2.5 / 5
3.5 / 5
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Ease of use, and very quick to learn. This version allows up to 10 concurrent users. The audit trail and stock reports are very user friendly with plenty of filters. Expect a very quick turnaround training new staff and getting them up to speed, as the interface and functionality is hard not to grasp. Customer service is located in North America. From my experience, after upgrading to the Enterprise version, our account manager usually responded to any inquiry within 24 hours. There is also a toll free line for any technical/database bug issues In the Canadian version, plugging in to SQL server is the way to go in order to obtain custom reports.

Desvantagens: The role centers, although a step up from the Premier version, "handcuff" users to certain roles. When it comes to the general ledger, the "all-or-nothing" functionality doesn't allow the controller to shut off access to certain parts of the financials. Ideally, the controller should be able to define a role center to allow posting/viewing in certain account groups and not to others. Inability to approve and subsequently lock down POs and SOs. Once a PO/SO gets issued, a user with basic access can always change unit costs and quantities. This hinders the business' scaleability. The Canadian version no longer allows the user to compress the data file in previous periods. This may be frustrating for companies who rely on lengthy journal entries, as the database file size will exponentially grow. If you are a job shop (or project-based company), do not expect much in terms of job-cost reporting. The software is limited to populating a customer field when posting an expense. You will have to manually set up jobs as customers and instruct staff to classify expenses under the proper subgroup. In my experience, the only real noticeable difference between enterprise and premier is the number of concurrent users (5 vs 10).

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Avaliado em 06/08/2019
William S.
Formação profissional e coaching, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Vantagens: QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1. We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business. I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Desvantagens: The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

por Intuit em 08/08/2019

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come!

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

Avaliado em 06/08/2019
Bulinda M.
Serviços de eventos, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Vantagens: QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Desvantagens: I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

por Intuit em 08/08/2019

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family!

The Small Business Software of Choice

Avaliado em 01/08/2019
Tracy O.
Contabilidade, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Since using QuickBooks vs. batch processing software, the time I have saved doing my work is exponential.

Vantagens: What I like most about the software is:
1. The flexibility of it in that there are several different ways to do the same task.
2. The drill down feature in the reporting that allows you to drill down from any report to the source document and also make changes to that document in real time, and update that report in real time without re-running anything.
3. Real time updating of the software vs. batch processing.
4. Ease of use, easy to train employees, super easy and clean to fix mistakes.
5. Value for the money
6. Makes payroll processing very easy.

Desvantagens: Cons:
1. If you are not using the enterprise version, customer service is not good.
2. If you let a person who doesn't know what they are doing use it, they can mess it up really bad, pretty quickly.

por Intuit em 06/08/2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Tracy! It's wonderful to hear that QuickBooks is helping you save time and making it easier to handle your daily tasks. Whether you're running payroll or updating a report, you can count on our software to get the job done. Our priority is to provide you with a variety of support options so you can get quick answers to any questions you may have. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

We also recommend checking out this article for great resources you can use to help train your employees: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1767637).

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!

Great Product for Small Business

Avaliado em 29/07/2019
Director Of Operations / Lead Systems Technician
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: overall quickbooks is a fantastic program with minimal learning curve especially if you are coming over from another program. the user interface is friendly and easy to use. the customer service is top notch and is always there to help you immediately and come to a resolution to get you back up and running 100%.

Vantagens: the best thing about this software is that it is easy for a small business to setup with customers, tax tables, A/P, A/R, inventory, invoicing, payroll and business taxes. it helps take the burden and guesswork out of paying taxes, employees and business expenses while maintaining the books and budgets. There is even utilities that are readily available to use to convert from another program to quickbooks to get you up and running much faster while retaining your previous data with a few tweaks. Customer service is the best there is. not once have i contacted them and not had my issue almost immediately resolved.

Desvantagens: As always, the least liked thing about quickbooks is the updates. it seems that no matter what update it is or how new or old an installation is, there is always an issue with an update. whether it requires you to reset the update history and re-download the update and apply or completely boot all the users out of the system to make repairs and then reboot the system it is hosted on so that you can update the quickbooks system again and get everyone back into it to continue working.

por Intuit em 31/07/2019

Nothing makes us happier than hearing QuickBooks is helping you easily maintain your books and that you've been receiving the support you deserve. Whether you're running payroll or handling a budget, you can count on our software to back your business. With updates, there are many factors that go into getting them to install properly and sometimes having the software hosted on its own system can cause hiccups. Should you continue to have issues, please let us know and we'll investigate further. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for the rave review and we wish you continued success!

Brilliant Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Avaliado em 30/07/2019
Polly G.
B&B Owner
Hotelaria, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Once you take your time to enter in all product, customer, supplier information etc you have a great tool to undertake your bookkeeping accurately and professionally. It's quick to be able to perform tasks, which in turn allows me more time to do what I do best. I have all the information I need to be able to analyse the performance of my business and instantly can make financial changes and decisions necessary to keep abreast of my competitors.

Vantagens: Easy step by step guides to setting up the software which is tailored to your company and the type of industry you work in. If you have an understanding of bookkeeping, then QB is very easy to navigate around. Data input is simple and it takes very little time to be able to produce your 1st, professional looking invoice batch and email to your customers. Expense recording is also very easy to understand. Bank reconciliation is very quick and integration with your own bank account is great. There are numerous reports which can be quickly adapted to suit your own requirements. On the whole a great all round accounting software package for a small to medium size business.

Desvantagens: Would prefer to be able to purchase desk top software and not the pay monthly/yearly. Apart from a few tiny niggles, I would buy QB before any other accountancy software packages.

por Intuit em 31/07/2019

Success stories like yours make our day, Polly! QuickBooks was designed for business owners like yourself to make it easier to track your finances and focus on doing what you love. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying the numerous features and we'll be sure to continually enhance our software so it grows with your business. To stay up to date on what's being worked on next, we recommend keeping an eye on our blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Cheers to your continued success!

Not for entry level

Avaliado em 28/07/2019
Naomi A.
Contabilidade, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: It has definitely helped our business stay in compliance. Most CPA’s use this software so it’s an easy way for them to access our information. It has not been an easy software to learn but it’s worth it once you do.

Vantagens: Once you tailor it to your business and get familiar with the features it can be helpful and stress free. Knowing I’m staying in compliance puts me at ease as well as having one spot I can go to to access all my info.

Desvantagens: It is not user friendly. You can’t just purchase the software and try and “figure it out” on your own. I had to have training from my CPA and it has taken years to fully feel comfortable with it....and I STILL have questions! I also don’t like having to transfer the file back and forth with my cpa which means I have to wait on him to get anymore work done.

por Intuit em 01/08/2019

We appreciate you being a part of our QuickBooks family over the years, Naomi! It's wonderful to hear our software has helped you stay at ease by knowing you're in compliance and all your data is in one spot. At first it can be tough to figure out how to use all the features available and like you said, you can still have questions even when you're comfortable. If you ever need to know how to do something, we recommend checking out our Community page for self-help articles and discussions with your peers, as well as access to our support team: (https://community.intuit.com/quickbooks-desktop). Also, if you're not already, it may be easier to share your file with your CPA by using our Accountant File Transfer Service (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1760628). This allows you to continue working in your books and apply their changes when they're done.

We hope this information helps and wish you continued success!

Easy accounting software

Avaliado em 18/07/2019
Evan B.
Publicidade e marketing, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: It does a lot while you do a little. I am able to send invoices, receive payment in different forms, do payroll, file tax forms and make payments as well as much more. It is very user friendly most of the time. I don't ever have any bugs. It let's me spend more time on other parts of my business.

Desvantagens: They force you to purchase new software every three years. The customer support can be hit and miss.

por Intuit em 13/08/2019

Hi Evan! Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software, so we're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks is handling your accounting needs. Whether you're running payroll or receiving payments, you can count on our software to get the job one. To keep our software up to date with the latest security measures and implement new/improved features, we periodically discontinue products. It's a balancing act between supporting older versions and creating new ones.

It's our priority to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family and we wish you all the best!

Quickbooks Desktop Rview

Avaliado em 16/07/2019
Donna M.
Administração pública, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall QuickBooks has been easy to use for paying invoices, tracking expenses/income and completing employee payroll. I've been using QuickBooks for over 7 years. Please note that there is a big difference between QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online version. The online version is not user friendly at all. I would not recommend the online version.

Vantagens: QuickBooks Desktop is relatively easy to use. The payroll feature makes calculating and filing employee payroll and payroll taxes very easy. Paying invoices is also very easy and it records expenses in individual accounts that you set up. You can quickly and easily find invoices that have been paid and track year to date expenses. There are many reports available so you can easily see amounts spent in each category or where income is coming from. This is very useful when working on budgets. The software allows you to modify things according to what works best for you.

Desvantagens: The annual fee is expensive and there is an extra fee for the payroll service. Also, the customer service is not very good. Occasionally I need to call in and get a customer service rep to correct a problem. Service is slow and it's hard to understand the reps as they all have accents. I try to use the self help section of QuickBooks before calling in to get assistance and I know it will take over an hour to get a problem fixed.

por Intuit em 14/08/2019

It's great to hear you're using all the features to the fullest, and it sounds like you're a pro, Donna. The Desktop and Online versions have slightly different work flows, but we're glad you found one to meet your unique business needs. For other ways to contact support, we recommend this Community article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Contact-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-Customer-Support-Team/td-p/252601

Thanks for your review!

Hearing ASL-English Interpreter
Tradução e localização, Profissional autônomo
Usou o software para: Mais de um ano
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: As an ASL Interpreter, I met many self-employed freelancers in my field. I was very apprehensive about transitioning from staff employment to self-employment. Luckily, I decided to try the Self-Employed option through Quickbooks. It's been a great experience. As a "first generation freelancer", I depend daily on the tracking tools that QuickBooks provides. Before, I faced daily anxieties about whether or not I was documenting my expenses and mileage correctly. Now, I track this information confidently with Quickbooks, and am able to spend more of my cognitive and emotional energy on my actual work and passions.

Vantagens: I mostly use the "QuickBooks:Self-Employed" features of this software. I love the versatility with the mileage tracker that allows me either to have trips automatically tracked or to add and delete trips on my own. Living in a metropolitan area, the mileage tracker will sometimes count rides on public transportation as a car ride. I'm easily able to delete that trip and also check on my transactions to make sure that the money spent on transportation is documented appropriately as business or personal.
One of my VERY favorite features are under the "Reports" section. I love the ability to get a preview of what kind of information I'll be sharing at tax time. I can download an excel spreadsheet that breaks down all of my Schedule C Transactions as a different page for each category (assets, meals, etc.). Before I started using Quickbooks, I didn't even know what most of these terms event meant! Now I'm able to work more freely and confidently as a "first generation freelancer".

Desvantagens: When manually adding a trip to the mileage section, you are able to input the beginning address and the end address. However, QuickBooks does not have a feature that will calculate the miles between those addresses. As of now, I have to go back to my Google Maps app to see what the number of miles were. It makes the experience less fluid.

A reliable cloud software with great add-on options

Avaliado em 14/05/2019
Tony T.
Serviços ao consumidor, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall QB Online made my reports easier, got me organized, and freed up a huge amount of time aggregating data when I switched to it from using simple excel spreadsheets.

Vantagens: I use the QBO online version. It is easy to login. Setup takes some time and with the help of my accountant to establish g/l's it was not too bad. Once setup it is very easy to allocate expenses and the add-on links to banks, credit cards, and my payroll system were very easy to setup. I love the fact that I can login from anywhere to do business. Customer service has been helpful when I got to them. I love the fact that I can fluidly switch between businesses as we have several LLCs and Corps.

Desvantagens: The online version interaction with mobile devices is not as fluid as it should be. It can be quirky for viewing on my iPhone. Customer service wait times can sometimes be long.

por Intuit em 15/05/2019

Thanks a bunch for the review, and for letting us know about what improvements you've envisioned for the future of QuickBooks, Tony. I'd be more than glad to forward your comments about the mobile app to the Engineering Team, as we default to your suggestions as a means to power our innovations. you can even stay in the loop for what's to come next at our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv), so keep an eye out for the latest enhancements to be passed down the pipeline.

You're the best part of QuickBooks, so keep up the fantastic work!
Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Tried & True - Quickbooks remains king!

Avaliado em 14/05/2019
Miguel F.
Contabilidade, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: The ability to track me financials allows me to identify my business's cash flow which is crucial to keeping my doors open. Automatic bank feeds are cutting down the time I need to spend doing manual data entry and gives me more time to focus on my main mission of my company.

Vantagens: The ease of use allows just about anyone to successfully navigate and work in the software. No matter if you have an accounting or financial background. This is great news for business owners and accounting personnel, alike. With the ease of use, the training resources provide by Inuit, and their extensive list of available Pro-Advisers, you will be up and running and tracking your business's finances in no time. One other aspect I like is the ability customize the software to git your industry or company's needs. Custom reports, customized chart of accounts, etc are just a few examples how QB sets the standard for small/medium size business accounting softwares.

Desvantagens: The least favorable aspect of Quickbooks is the inability to prevent old transactions from back-posting into a closed period. For example, if I void a check or an invoice, I would like to be able to set an effective date of today and not the original date of the source document. Allowing this to happens, will throw off bank reconciliations, it would and could change past period financial statement information and could impact your tax liability as well.

por Intuit em 15/05/2019

Thank you for bring this to my attention, Miguel.

You can close your books for a period of time so that transactions aren't allowed to be posted before that time period.Here are the articles for the respective programs:

Online: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/How-do-I-close-the-prior-years-books-to-send-to-the-accountant/td-p/182283

Desktop:

If you ever have any questions about this, please reach out to us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (@QBCares).

Grant, The QuickBooks Team

With QB, we know 'where we are heading'

Avaliado em 15/04/2019
Managing Director
Empacotamento e contêineres, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: QB has helped not only us but many thousands to know where we are heading in our business, thereby reach our corporate objectives and financial goals and survive in this competitive and challenging business environment by systematically managing resources.
Thanks, QB team for the great efforts you have taken and I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to recommend QB to any small to medium scale user.

Vantagens: The best part in QB is that it doesn’t allow others to toy around when it comes to managing the ‘returns for your efforts’.
You don’t need to be an accounting professional to work with QB, but a little playing around with the software gives you a glimpse of the workings and gradually guide you through to become an expert in managing your financial matters yourself or even supervise a basic level staff member in handling your financial matters if it’s a small to average scale business. The passwords systems at various levels ensure the security and prevent manipulation of data by other fellow users. With long years of improvements and with the feedback of users of various levels and a variety of trades, QB has become the leader in this category.
QB has simplified most of the bookkeeping tasks in a diverse array of businesses be it services, trading, manufacturing or your personal accounts. It has gone beyond accounting software to function as an ERP in our manufacturing facility. It has become another machine in our plant with no complaints of overwork, no leave, no annual bonuses, and no work stoppages. If the accounts guy is away, I myself take his place with all other priorities. It’s so simple even for those who are not IT savvy.

Desvantagens: whenever there are glitches, there are enough resources available in the community forums or the Intuit support team. Having said that, I wouldn’t say that QB is the only and perfect system, as there could be glitches during different applications, but with the help of the users, QB team can update the system for better performance for the benefit of all concerned.

A little clunky, but still the best accounting software on the market

Avaliado em 27/03/2019
John S.
Paralegal
Serviços jurídicos, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: The main benefit of quick books for my business is the ease of use for everyday bookkeeping tasks, and interfacing with our accountant for year and and quarterly filings. Also, it is such a standard software that it is easy to find new hires with quickbooks knowledge. Once your Quickbooks is set up to suit your business, keeping it up is really easy. It also saves on paper waste as documents and receipts and invoices can be scanned right into the software and the physical copies destroyed.

Vantagens: Quickbooks contains everything you could need for most organizations. The user interface is a bit difficult to navigate, and could use updating, but the funcionality is there. My favorite feature is being able to attached scans of documents or receipts right to a transaction. You can upload saved scans from your computer, or quickbooks will interface with a scanner to scan them directly into quickbooks, which is very handy. This cuts down on lots of paper in the office. Also, the accountant function is great for utilizing a 3rd party bookkeeper. You can send out a portion of the quickbooks file to your accountant to make changes, meanwhile still being able to use the software and update with new changes.

Desvantagens: The interface takes a lot of getting used to. The usual keyboard shortcuts don't work in Quickbooks, and pulling reports is clunky, but functional in the end. There is so much functionality packed in that it is hard to navigate to simple things sometimes. Not all companies need inventory management and purchase order tracking, and complicated payroll features, but some of these functions are always turned on.

So easy: Quickbooks Self-Employed

Avaliado em 12/03/2019
Self-Employed Freelance Interpreter
Serviços ao consumidor, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall, it’s a great program for self-employed people with fairly simple business practices... people who are service providers (massage therapists, counselors, interpreters, consultantsc etc). I had more complex businesses so am used to a bit more flexibility than QB Self-Employed offers, but they are mostly preferences than actual essentials (except the Chart of Accounts comment above). I recommend it to everyone!

Vantagens: MILEAGE TRACKING!!!
The software tracks your trips and you later pick business or personal for each trip. It shows you the address for both origina & destination, as well as time of day, which makes it easy to figure out what the trip was for. QB keeps an updated tally of your mileage deduction for tax purposes.
EASY CATEGORIZATION OF EXPENSES:
Automatically populates transactions from your bank AND credit card accountant into the ledger, so all you need to do is select which expense category it belongs t! Qb will ask if you want to set up a “rule” so that all transactions from AT&T (let’s say) are automatically categorized into utilities when they are imported from your financial institution.
INVOICES
Create a template and you can duplicate it later when billing the same person/business. You can easily send the invoice from the QB platform and what the client get s is a really professional, polished email with the invoice in the body of the email, and he receiver can download a pdf if they choose. QB keeps track of paid and unpaid invoices, making it easy to see who you need to follow up with for payment.
TAXES:
For tax purposes, the reports QB does make saving and tallying receipts a *ridiculous* practice. There is NO reason to ever do your books on excel. Too many mistakes when things are done manually. And it requires SO much time to input amounts, categories, etc. This is all done for you in a fraction of the time using QB Self-Employed.

Desvantagens: CHART OF ACCOUNTS:
I switched which credit card I use as my business card and want to stop automatically importing transactions from the old credit card (which I am now using for personal expenses). You can’t turn off imports for a particular account without losing all former transactions associated with that card/account. This completely changes the Profit and Loss reports. I had to call customer service and they had to do a whole delete thing where now all transactions from deleted accounts are called “cash,” which is misleading and unclear.
INCOME:
There is only one income category to choose from. I have to classes of self-employed work I do that uses the same bank account and credit card. I’d like a way to assign Income A and Income B, so that when I look at my Profit & Loss reports, I can see at a glance how much I earned from type A kind of work and how much I earned from Type B.
EXPENSE CATEGORIES
There is no way to add or change the provided categories. I understand QuickBooks does this so that each category that is offered is automatically associated with a particular tax deduction item approved by the IRS, but it would be nice to be able to add a category that suits my business and select the associated IRS deduction category when setting it up.
INVOICES
You can’t make up your own invoice numbers. I would like use the same first 2 numbers or even letters for each client I invoice, but you can’t. You have to use QB’s automatic numbering system.

Solid accounting solution for small to medium businesses across multiple vertical segments

Avaliado em 07/03/2019
Michael S.
Director of Business Affairs
Ensino fundamental e médio, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: We use QuickBooks Enterprise for Non-Profits, which allows ODBC access into the data to provide access for external reporting capabilities from products like Crystal Reports. This can be a powerful feature depending on your reporting needs.

Vantagens: QuickBooks is easy to install and configure, includes many useful out of the box reports, easy to read visual indicators for things like receivables and payables, and an easy to configure and process payroll solution. We use the Intuit Enhanced Payroll subscription, which has significantly cut down on the labor involved in processing payroll. We can easily customize, memorize, and schedule reports to ensure our department heads are kept up to date on their budgets. We use the system to track our endowments, auxiliary cash accounts, and profit and loss for projects and individual organizational units. Over the past several versions they have greatly improved the shared company file feature, so managing multi-user access has become much easier and more robust.

Desvantagens: Though Intuit recently introduced the ability to use multiple monitors with QuickBooks (a much overdue feature), they require that all monitors use the same scaling. It's not a huge deal, but a little inconvenient since I use a laptop and would prefer the built-in display panel on the laptop to be 125% and the two external monitors to be 100%. Also, the way they implement multi-monitor display is a little weird... the main app spans monitor screens, and sub-windows are drug from monitor to monitor within the main app's window. It would be much more user friendly if the sub-windows (such as the home screen, various reports, data entry windows, etc) can be moved around independently of the main app's window. This is how most other apps work and I believe how Windows was designed to handle multi-monitor use.

QuickBooks is my 1st choice for small and medium company!

Avaliado em 05/03/2019
VP Finance
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, 1001-5000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I used QuickBooks a lot. In my current company, we use QuickBook for all consolidated entities in US and internationally. Experience is very positive. Our international locations are able to input monthly data into QuickBooks, timely for consolidation. Our US locations use QuickBooks with a lot of functionality. Reporting is very simple and logical for accountant. It is very easy to generate income statement and balance sheet, double click on any number and export details in Excel right away.

Vantagens: QuickBooks is very widely used and is extremely simple. It just follows accounting login without extra thinking and it is very convenient. You can extract basically anything into Excel in a few seconds. You can double click on any number in balance sheet or PL report and get full details of accounts and then, entries. As for small and medium businesses, it is definitely my 1st choice. Everyone knows QuickBooks. Accountants are hard to find. So, if you use QuickBooks, it is much easier to do recruitment as there are a lot of accountants who know QuickBooks pretty well. So, you can focus on other skills in your recruitment. This makes recruitment for accounting team less challenging. Moreover, QuickBooks is so simple and there is a lot of training provided. I also like QuickBooks customer support - responsive and simple way to address problems. I work for global company with US headquarters and multiple international locations. We use QuickBooks for all entities. I love consolidation function in QuickBooks when it access multiple QuickBooks entities (you just need to input password for each QuickBook company) and quickly generates income statement and balance sheet reports with each consolidated company next to each other. This makes consolidation easy and quick. Overall, QuickBooks is a great ERP!

Desvantagens: When your business grows, it eventually outgrow QuickBooks and you need to implement new ERP, such as Oracle or SAP. I can't think of any other issues. QuickBooks is really a good ERP to start with. Also, many companies might not grow to that large corporations which need larger ERP. Also, QuickBooks does not have audit trial (necessary for public companies), but you can incorporate month-end closing password preventing people from modifying prior period records, after month is closed.

por Intuit Canada em 07/03/2019

Reviews like yours are why we do this as it's wonderful to read your comments about how QuickBooks has been easy for you to use and implements in your businesses, while still providing you detailed and logical insights from reports.

In regards to your cons, QuickBooks actually has a built-in audit trail report called the "Audit Log". If you'd like to see more about this report, please see the following article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/The-Audit-Log-What-it-is-how-to-use-it/m-p/186180

I hope this helps to clarify the Audit Log report. Thank you again for the lovely review and for being a long-time user of the program.

All the best,

Convenient

Avaliado em 08/02/2019
Danielle B.
Practice Manager
Veterinária, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall QB has been a big Time saver for my accounting duties. Allows me to quickly view my accounts payable. Reports for expenses has been a great way to show other management members where our business stands.

Vantagens: Best part of using QB online is you can access from anywhere. Love the features on the reports, being able to compare to different year's, months, quarters and using the percentage features is great. Chart of accounts come preloaded but can be changed to fit your needs for the company. The best feature is being able to have the bank feed loaded automatically vs inputting manually.

Desvantagens: Connectivity is wishy-washy at times. More so lately for some reason. Keeps telling me to check my bank connection and still doesn't connect. Sometimes fixing a problem after reconciliation can be a bit difficult.

por QuickBooks France em 12/02/2019

Thanks a ton for this review, Danielle. I'm glad to hear you're making the most out of the many features QuickBooks has to offer. Since you mentioned having some trouble with the Online Banking feature, I've attached an article that can help you with troubleshooting these errors: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Banking-and-bank-feeds/How-to-manually-update-an-account-to-fix-banking-errors/m-p/186126

If you're still having trouble, please know you can always turn to the Community for assistance. If you haven't been there before, this online space holds a plethora of self-help articles (The above link I shared above is one of these many articles) you can access any time you need them. The following link will guide you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

QuickBooks is proud to be backing South Lafourche Veterinary Clinic, Danielle. Thank you again for reviewing!

Quick Books Pro

Avaliado em 21/02/2019
Marcy K.
Construção, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Like Topsy, it just grew. Now we have to enter so much stuff for all the reports, instead of just we took in this much and paid out this much and this was payroll, this was expenses, this was purchases and this is profit.
Why can't things be that simple?

Vantagens: I've used QB since it was Quicken. We graduated as our business grew so they explained all the different ways we should parce out our money in and out.
They tell you a lot of stuff, but if you don't need it, there is not way out.

Desvantagens: Now it's bloody complicated and you need a QB expert to do the inputting. They are not transparent where the second (double entry) blind entry goes. (especially if you're not an accountant. Might be good for some people, but I'm disenchanted with it, but don't know where to go to get an easier one. Maybe I'm too dumb for the program, to be fair.

por Intuit em 26/02/2019

Hi there, Marcy. I'm thrilled to read you've been a long time user of the software, and it's great to know QuickBooks has been able to grow alongside your business. Please know, as the program evolves, we offer more and more support to help you stay ahead of the curve. An example of this are the self-help articles available on our Community website. Whether you're trying to learn a new feature or need help with a process, the wealth of knowledge articles available are sure to give you the information you seek. The following link will take you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

Additionally, here's an article which covers how to easily uncover where the second entry is being inputted: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/View-the-Transaction-Journal-report-in-QuickBooks-Desktop/m-p/186077

I hope you find this information beneficial. Thank you for review, by the way!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Easy to use for a small business owner

Avaliado em 07/02/2019
Morgan T.
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I use Quickbooks to manage my small S Corp business. It has saved me a lot of headache by simplifying my bookkeeping and making it possible for me to do a lot of it myself without having to hire an expensive professional.

Vantagens: Many years ago and before Quickbooks was around I had to take an accounting class so I could learn the old school way of balancing the books for my one woman small business at the time. Thank goodness those days are over! Quickbooks has made it so that you don't need to know a thing about the technical side of accounting to be able to keep accurate accounts for your small business. I did hire a bookeeper to setup my accounts which is highly recommended but beyond that once I learned to use the software (which has been very easy and user friendly) I have been able to take over my record keeping on my own. Another thing that I think makes QB great is that many bookkeepers know how to use it so if I do eventually hire someone to help with my books I won't have to worry about them not knowing how to use it. I also really love in the online version how all my bank transactions automatically populate into the account--oh this is such a headache relief! I really hated doing that manually when I had the desktop version. This definitely saves time and hassle!

Desvantagens: I used to use Quickbooks desktop edition and then about a year ago I switched to the online version. One thing I did not like about the desktop version was that after my version had been updated by a new one I was not longer able to send invoices via email. This pretty much forced me to upgrade to the new version even though I was quite happy using the version I was already using. Also I found the transition to the online version to be a little bit disorienting. The look and feel of the online version is not quite the same as what I was used to in desktop and I have had a bit more difficulty finding my way around. I was also very disappointed to learn that my online QB data does not automatically transfer into TurboTax--an issue that I did not have with the desktop version where it automatically uploaded into TurboTax. While it's not a huge hassle to manually enter the info, it is still extra work that would rather not have to do.

por Intuit em 09/02/2019

Thanks a ton for your insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks, Morgan. It was delightful to read about how QuickBooks has empowered you and provided the toolset you needed to remain independent in managing your business. It's great that you were able to take to the program so easily, even without a strong accounting background.

In regards to your comments on the differences between Desktop and Online, I have submitted a feedback report to our Product Development team to be reviewed and considered for future updates.

In the meantime, should you need help with something or want to learn a new feature, I encourage you to check out our Community website. You can start exploring what available by following this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

Wishing you continued success going forward, thank you again for reviewing QuickBooks Morgan!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

QuickBooks- Accessible for Small Businesses But Limited.

Avaliado em 01/02/2019
Betsy W.
Freelance Writer
Engenharia mecânica ou industrial, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: QuickBooks is no substitute for having a client database, however, the company I worked for as accounts payable and receivable had no other database program. While the limitations of QB for this was frustrating at times, it did a great job of keeping data organized and easily allowing input for new and continuing contacts. The customer service was as helpful as they could be, however I had to make the same calls for the same problems often several times within the year, only to learn that on-going glitches existed in QB that required workarounds. Customer Service wasn't always forthcoming on this, but their forums were very helpful.

Vantagens: QuickBooks is fairly easy to figure out for first time users, even those without a bookkeeping background. There are many tutorials included from the home website, and it's been around long enough that users have posted fixes to various known issues. It's useful in creating form templates, such as invoicing, proposals and receipts. Reports look good, and can integrate with many 3rd party platforms.

Desvantagens: QuickBooks lacked much help for Inventory tracking and scanning. While you are able to create an inventory list, it's too easy to accidently miscategorize items and wreck the usefulness of the cataloging features. The inventory interface is a bit confusing to start with and connecting the inventory reports with logged sales is not practical. It doesn't happen automatically, but must be manually checked since there are many bugs that create errors or problems with data retrieval.
When creating templates, it can be tough to figure out how to connect certain field codes with data areas to fill in. I spent many hours on the customer service line to figure some of that out. Even then, I was creating or finding "work-arounds" for some glitches that QuickBooks just doesn't fix or update.
One of the most frustrating issues I personally found was the coding of expenses. Without some universal system, numerous employees can simply invent new codes for similar or same items, which creates many redundant and incorrect reports. Turnover in your office can produce serious inconsistency.

por Intuit em 08/02/2019

Betsy, thank you so much for providing an insightful and thorough review of QuickBooks. The details you've shared have painted a detailed portrait of your impressions of QuickBooks, and I appreciate it very much. I loved reading your comments about where you found the program to be beneficial to your business.

Please be assured, your voice is important, and the comments you've provided about the software have been sent to our Product Development team. Feedback like yours is instrumental for the growth of the program, and it will be used when considering future updates to QuickBooks.

Thank you again for your wonderful review of QuickBooks, Betsy!

All the best,
Clay, The QuickBooks Team

A tiny bookstore's dream come true!

Avaliado em 26/01/2019
Freelance Writer
Varejistas, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall, Quickbooks was a dream. I came into it with absolutely no accounting experience and learned to use it within days. If I can figure it out, anybody can, and boy am I glad I did!

Vantagens: My company, a small college bookstore, used to have so much trouble keeping tabs on the books. We were a small operation (only two full-time employees and a handful of part-time employees), and our output was too small to justify a lot of the big beefy software applications. Enter Quickbooks. Finally, we could track sales and generate invoices for our customers with ease! When a customer called with a question about their account, getting data was simple, and it really streamlined our sales process.

Desvantagens: Sometimes, we had trouble with the print formatting. It wasn't particularly adjustable, and every now and again part of an invoice would get cut off, or put into two pages for what felt like unnecessary reasons.

por Intuit em 30/01/2019

Hey there. Please know how happy we are to be backing your bookstore. I'm thrilled to be reading about how QuickBooks is helping you keep track of your sales and customer accounts. The fact that you were able to jump right in, even without much accounting knowledge is a testament to the hard work of our Product Development team.

As for the issues with printing, should they arise again, I encourage you to check out this article that covers troubleshooting printer issues on the Windows operating system: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-to-troubleshoot-printer-problems-in-Windows/m-p/186105

I also recommend you check out our online resource hub. There you will have access to a bounty of self-help articles and can engage with other users just like you about the software. The following link will take you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

Thank you for the awesome review!

I've Been Using QuickBooks Since 1995

Avaliado em 19/11/2018
Sherry G.
Varejistas, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I've had a wonderful experience with QuickBooks over the years. I have to buy the updates, but I find somewhere online that I can get the latest for less than buying it direct and I am able to keep my version pretty up to date. Using a different and early DOS accounting software was so complex that I couldn't even figure out how to open up the software and get started! I cut my losses and purchased QuickBooks. I took a local course on how to use QuickBooks and was off to the races immediately. If you are not really terrific with software, it might be a good idea just to pay someone like an Enrolled Agent to come in and install the QuickBooks for you and get your accounting set up. Later on, when you've been working on the software for years, it is worth it to have started out correctly with some professional help. I have my accountant come into my office every year or two and go over my books to make sure everything is looking good, entrances are correctly attributed and so on. That gives me a good feeling that I know I can rely on my information in QuickBooks. Anyway, I do recommend this software. I am a computer professional, a web developer, but was a CPA secretary, went through a Word Processing course in the early 1980s, then became a Paralegal and continued my computer education at the University here, then went into business with my husband, so I'm quite familiar with QB.

Vantagens: I like how easy it is to keep track of my check register, vendors, customers, do my payroll every week, enter and pay bills and find things when necessary. It is a reliable accounting software that is used by millions of people, so it is pretty easy to take my reports in to my accountant each year and have her do my taxes. I own a small business with 4 or more employees and QuickBooks has made it possible for me to do my own books all these years and keep better track of what is going on with our finances.

Desvantagens: I am not wild about the way that the payroll add on renews. You have to buy an additional module or what ever you want to call it to keep the payroll tables updated. For some reason the updating can be very iffy and I will go to do my payroll and suddenly can't do it. Of course, this only happens when there is a time crunch and I need to quickly whip out some paychecks. But, for the most part the software works so well that I forget about this problem fairly easily.

por Intuit em 29/11/2018

Thanks a ton for taking the time out to review, Sherry. Your 20+ year loyalty is valued, so thanks a ton for being the best part of QB for all these years. We're proud to be backing you and your husband's business.

Should you ever run into issues with updating tax tables, I encourage you to contact the Customer Care Team on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). The agents monitoring these channels have the tools to help in a crunch and would be more than happy to lend a hand.

Here's to SkywayTools.com and your continued success!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Works great for me and my company!

Avaliado em 14/11/2018
Brandon C.
Manger
Restaurantes, 1001-5000 funcionários
Usou o software para: Mais de um ano
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: This software makes tracking my income and my expensive a breeze. I don't like doing accounting work, I feel like it takes away from my business but this software really helps minimize the time I spend doing it! I also love the fact I can use this software to accept online payments and only get a fee of 50 cents per transaction and it doesn't even take any percentage of the invoice! And finally it really makes doing payroll for my employees way easier! Thanks quickbooks for being there for me when I need you to be!

Vantagens: User friendly and very ease to use and navigate. It's especially great for beginner that don't got much accounting experience! Integrates with popular programs like PayPal,Square, Shopify, and thousands of others very well! It also has a cost effective so this is great for small business who need this type of program but don't want to spend tons of money!

Desvantagens: Online version of quickbooks can lead to security risks considering they could get hacked at anytime! Has very man limitations and doesn't really offer all the benefits that other more premium and expensive account software offers! Also you may experience tons of instability and file crashes!

por Intuit em 21/11/2018

Hi Brandon. First things first, your security is a top priority. I want you to be aware of this, so rest assured there's a wide variety of safety precautions in place. This Community database article discusses these in full: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Is-my-QuickBooks-Online-data-secure/m-p/186166.

Additionally, please know any instability in the Online version has an easy fix. Because your data is safeguarded in the cloud, you also don't have to worry about file crashes/losing info. You can clear up any performance issues by clearing your browser cache. Another example of what the Community has to offer outlines the steps for doing so: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/How-do-I-clear-my-browser-cache-and-temporary-Internet-files/td-p/186420.

As for the feature set, I'll gladly discuss what cost-efficient options there are for getting the functionality you need ([email protected]). Email anytime.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

And standard software for accountant in the US

Avaliado em 02/11/2018
Javier victor marian B.
Network Security Auditor
Administração pública, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Like I said, its the choice by default on software for financial at your company in the US. Great and easy to maintain with a simple but perfectly working backup option.

Vantagens: QuickBooks went to be a simple software to be the most powerful and almost "by default" software for accountant in the US. Anything you need you have it in there, or they have a module for it. What I love MOST of them is that despite that they added a lot of functions, they keep the data files simple. The backup process its easy, and restore too. I have some customers with problems on their server and was like Reinstall windows/ quickbooks/ restore. And it started with all the info like nothing happen. You can even install QB and just paste files from the older folder and will work. I love that.

Desvantagens: I had some problems with the online version, and customer care take a while to resolve them. When an accountant give you access to his/her quickbook online, you enter info but if you change accountant the info its difficult to delete.

por Intuit em 15/11/2018

I'm delighted the powerful tools in QuickBooks have helped Infobyte Security Research, Javier. It's affirming to read the software has left a lovely impression on you, and that fixes for Desktop issues have been so easy to achieve. With this in mind, I'll ensure any problems with the Online service are corrected just as simply.

The info in this Community database article discusses adding/removing accountant access: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Account-management/Add-or-remove-an-accountant-user-in-QuickBooks-Online/td-p/186006. Regardless, you deserve customer care that provides quick resolutions. As an alternative to calling in, I invite you to find the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). They can handle the technical stuff while you focus on maintaining other aspects of your business. Additionally, these reps can lend a hand with both versions of QuickBooks, as can the Community linked above.