YouBthere improves the classroom experience and student progress management

Avaliado em 06/08/2018
Ron R.
PhD Student
Educação superior, 13-50 funcionários
Usou o software para: 6 a 12 meses
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: The Youbthere interface and layout is very clean and intuitive, this allows the instructors and students to get the most out of its many features. For example, I love the instructor dashboard and the way they aggregate information to express what concepts or subject material the students are grasping and what ideas or subject materials they do not grasp so well. This allows me to focus on trouble areas during my lecture much better. On the student side they seem to gravitate towards and really like the live Q&A and the comprehension tools, they also comment on how user friendly the software is.
I teach college level courses for an M.S. program and this software helps me get the most out lectures. Both student participation and overall feedback has improved, and I can archive lecture information and review relevant data afterwards at my leisure. This feature equips me with the information to ascertain if the student understood the variation lectures topics.
I also teach online courses and the software works just as smooth in that format. I am particularly fond of the quizzing. The ease of integrating in-class quizzes paired with their automated gradebook posting functionality has encouraged me to add more quizzes into my curriculum. I have used these features to revise upcoming lectures and review materials based on commonly missed quiz questions. This process even influences my exam structure. I am quite happy with how easy this software makes this process happen.

Desvantagens: I am a satisfied user, so I have no real complaints. However, if they could offer an upgrade to their video streaming capabilities to make it more robust. I could then offer more video options to the students. Youbthere said they are working on it and so far, they seem receptive to suggestions to new or existing features. I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

YouBthere increases student-teacher interaction and student comprehension

Avaliado em 01/02/2019
Eric W.
PhD Student
Educação superior, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: This product does an excellent job of bridging the communication between teachers and students. This has led to more in-depth coverage of the topics and greater retention and comprehension by the students throughout the course.

Vantagens: If you like data-focused education like me, then you’ll appreciate many of the features YouBthere has to offer! Students can give live, updated comprehension ratings and post questions during the lecture. As a lecturer, I’ve noticed that I get more questions when students are able to just type and submit instead of raising their hand and asking during lecture. After class, I’m able to look at the comprehension graph and add notes to the topics I need to spend more time on.
Live polling allows further questioning during lecture and I can queue up multiple polls for a given class and choose which polls are most useful for the students. While the attendance feature is nice, I personally prefer to give multiple small quizzes throughout the class since it encourages students to show up on time and stay throughout the entire class. When it comes time to writing the midterm and final exams, I look back at the in-class quizzes the students took to see which questions were missed the most or how long it took for students to answer the questions.
Finally, the dashboard index function allows me to quickly look at individual students and see how they’re doing based on their attendance, comprehension ratings, and participation. I can even set up an alert when the students index drop below a certain point that can email me, the student, or even their advisor. The ability to keep track of individual students in an easy to access format is a feature all great teachers will be glad to have!

Desvantagens: So far I have yet to run into any issues and the few questions I’ve had in setting up my course were immediately addressed by YouBthere’s excellent customer service.

I use YouBThere in faculty workshops with a mix of technophiles and technophobes (with flip-phones!)

Avaliado em 17/04/2018
Douglas W.
Dean of Planning, Institutional Effectiveness and Research
Gestão da educação, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: The software significantly increases the engagement of the audience and provides an avenue for those who are self conscious or shy to ask questions and ask for clarification without any worry of embarrassment.

Vantagens: The comprehension feature is my favorite. I design comprehension check-points into my presentation to create opportunities for a few questions. Even if everyone indicates that they understand, it gives me a chance to reinforce the key points of the previous slides. In my opinion, the best part of the comprehension feature is that it is so effortless. I am a relatively new user, and even on the first day when I introduced YouBThere, everyone was logged in and up and running in less than five minutes. This is partly because the system is integrated with our LMS so you access it by simply logging into the LMS just like you always do. The polling feature is my second favorite. If I am presenting something that I think will be surprising, I will poll the class to get their opinion first, and then present the surprising information, and use their prior opinion to discuss why this is surprising. I also use polling to stimulate metacognition, asking about self-efficacy and stimulating thinking about the best strategies for mastering the material. Finally, the software is affordable. That matters a lot in a community college.

Desvantagens: I have no criticisms of the software. Smartphones go to sleep pretty quickly to conserve battery life, and one of the things I had to learn was that after waking the phone up you have to refresh the screen by just pulling it down and letting it snap back up, but that's now an automatic habit.

Very affordable and user friendly! Students are engaged and using technology for learning.

Avaliado em 19/07/2018
Stacy P.
Counselor
Relação qualidade/preço

Vantagens: I like the comprehension features that are built in and how easy set-up is. The polling option is also a great feature to use in class and gauge student understanding!

Desvantagens: Not much negative! As with all new technology, you do need to get used to it and learn the best way to use it for you, but it is very user friendly!