15 anos ajudando empresas portuguesas
a escolherem o melhor software

Avaliações do Katana Cloud Inventory

Sobre Katana Cloud Inventory

Software inteligente e de estoque desenvolvido para produção em em escala. Integra-se ao Xero, QuickBooks, Shopify, WooCommerce.

Saiba mais sobre o Katana Cloud Inventory

Vantagens:

Connects to Shopify and updates automatically. Amazing customer support.

Desvantagens:

If somebody messed up something, there is no way to go back.

Notas do Katana Cloud Inventory

Pontuação média

Praticidade
Atendimento ao cliente
Recursos
Relação qualidade/preço

Probabilidade de recomendação

O Katana Cloud Inventory tem uma classificação geral de 4,6 em 5 estrelas com base em 169 avaliações de usuários no Capterra.

Você já usou o Katana Cloud Inventory antes?

Compartilhe suas experiências com outros compradores de software.

Filtrar avaliações (169)

Jared
Jared
VP Operations, EUA
Fabricação de alimentos, 2 - 10 funcionários

The MRP system I wish I'd always had

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Katana's awesome, full stop. I've been working with manufacturing businesses for years, and for years I've lamented Xero's relatively weak inventory management system. Two years ago I tried literally every MRP app I could find to plugin to Xero; they were all pretty bad. Along comes Katana, which maybe was around earlier but was "new to me" just this year, and ... wow. Mostly, it Just Works. The Xero integration works seamlessly for bills and sales orders, which speeds AP/AR quite a bit. 90% of the tool's value is outside of Xero though, and I now have a permanently-pinned Katana tab in my browser for tracking everything in the production flow from raw materials purchasing, to production, to sale, to reconciliation of remaining materials and product stock. It's great. Is it perfect? Not quite. They need to do some performance work, as load times are often a little sluggish. Also, it would be nice to see finer-grained automation, and better contact syncing. But overall, I'm delighted.

Vantagens:

- It's really easy to use - Makes it easy to track materials on hand, reorder, etc - Calculates margin including labor cost - Xero integration works perfectly - Zapier integration makes it really flexible from an automation standpoint - Really lots of other stuff ... it's truly an excellent product and an outlier in a pretty clunky space.

Desvantagens:

It can be a little slow, and the contact syncing could be more robust.

Rebecca
Alimentação e bebidas, 2 - 10 funcionários

Intuitive, Fast To Implement, and Beautifully Designed

Vantagens:

The user interface is clean and very intuitive, requiring essentially no time to learn. Some of the other MRP solutions we tried were difficult to navigate and use, and training on them would have been labor intensive and costly. Katana is beautifully designed, and the batch-tracking and inventory management is easy to adapt to our business (MRPeasy/ERPAG were very clearly not designed with food manufacturing in mind, so making them even remotely functional for that purpose felt like a bit of a fools errand, whereas Katana just works).

Desvantagens:

While it is very user-friendly and it has the ability to track batches/lots (which is critical for us), we've had to develop workarounds to make it function the way we need it to -- it doesn't quite handle this the way I would envision it should. There are also some minor time wasters. If there's one simple feature I wish they would change, it's being able to type in the expiration dates rather than having to scroll through the calendar manually to select the correct date. This becomes so onerous when receiving multiple items on a PO and having to manually click through/scroll through the calendar to select the correct date as opposed to simply having a field that allows you to type in the date and move on.

Fabien
CEO, França
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, 2 - 10 funcionários
Usou o software para: Mais de dois anos

Stay Away from Katana

1,0 há 3 semanas Novo

Comentários: Stay away from this software. There are plenty on the market that won't try to rob you.

Desvantagens:

Katana is one of these SAAS that looks pretty and attractive on the surface only to hide the worst possible customer policy, pricing plans and billing methods i have encountered in 15 years of professionnal digital experience. We are a small size company making ±1.5M€ in revenues. We choose Katana in 2021 as the functionalities at the time seemed to match our needs. The price was decent (199$ a month) and despite we felts like it was already quite a budget (±2400$ a year), we decided to subscribe. For a few month, things have been relatively fine despite frequents technical issues (front end lags, data not updated, locked order status, ...). Then came reality. Without a warning, Katana first increased the subscription to 349$. Ouch. You just lost 1800$ overnight. We really didn't appreciate that but all the manufacturing data of our company was inside Katana, our employees were trained and used to the software, so we swallowed the pill. A few month later, the subscription was up to 899$. Yes you read that right. Again, without a warning, without getting approval, they just start to bill your payment card with 899$ every month. You just lost another 7800$ overnight (per year, 23400$ for 3 years usage). Right there we have understood Katana trapped us. Katana's company hook you up with a sense of affordability only to charge astronomical price hikes whenever they feel like it. Despite the fact that this is highly irregular and most certainly illegal and fraudulent at least in Europe, the break of trust and the leverage made over the customer data is disgusting. Wait, it's not over yet ! Once you decided enough is enough and you can't give your data and your trust to a company acting like a MAFIA organisation, you migrate to another software (i really recommande MRPEasy for those wanting to leave or looking to a safe solution), and you cancel your subscription. And surprise (or not) ! Katana tries by any mean to charge you with another 1 month subscription (899$) after your cancel it. An absolute disgraceful method to squeeze any $ left in your wallet. The reality is that Katana is an highly unprofitable company established in Estonia that lost more than 7.5M$ for just 3.5M$ of revenues in 2022 (accounts are public, go check) and they desperately need to rebalance their accounts. They do not have that much customers, so they decided to go Kamikaze and raise prices until something breaks. Obviously, this is exactly the kind of chaotic experience you want to avoid to your company and your staff. Any service looking remotely unsafe should be kept far away from you manufacturing process and Katana definitely is one of them. I am not the only one with that experience, check out the other reviews on Capterra. (check how they will copy/paste a generic bullshit answer in the reply section, it will give you a sense of their level of concern ^^)

semana passada

Hi Fabien, we appreciate you sharing your concerns with us and understand that managing costs is crucial for a small business, and our intention has always been to support you as you grow. When we saw the increased use of Locations and Webhooks, our team upgraded your plan as the best option for you. Our support team explained the new thresholds and helped reduce your usage both ahead of the change and after the grace period, and were happy to have multiple calls as we understand that pricing changes are always hard to adjust to. Your account was credited in March to cover the difference between the Professional and Standard plans with add-ons, in the hopes that we would find a way to make Katana work for you. Our team has reached out to you again personally to address your concerns and any others you may have. Regardless of whether or not any business continues being a Katana customer, honest and transparent feedback is something we value and take as an opportunity to learn and grow.

Annah
Sales Manager, EUA
Transporte rodoviário e ferroviário, 51 - 200 funcionários
Usou o software para: Mais de um ano

The Influential and Determined Inventory Management

5,0 há 2 meses

Vantagens:

Katana Cloud Inventory manages all the stock, and it saves on the process of procurement.

Desvantagens:

Katana Cloud Inventory has all inventories recorded and results shared.

Manufacturing Manager, EUA
Energias renováveis e meio ambiente, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Most affordable MRP system for small manufacturers

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: Katana has been extremely responsive with receiving feedback on the product and working in product improvements based on that feedback. There have already been multiple issues I had with the product early on that they have reacted to feedback on and implemented changes. Great customer service.

Vantagens:

I love the value. We were stuck using excel to manage our inventory for a long time because there were no affordable options until Katana came along. I am able to maintain accurate stock levels much more easily now.

Desvantagens:

There are a few minor inconveniences that are small time wasters. One example is not being able to shift/ctrl click multiple items and drag them around as a group when reorganizing priority rank of manufacturing orders. Since we have multilevel subassemblies I spend more time dragging around manufacturing orders to organize the order I want them completed in and I could save some time if I could drag items around as a group.

há 5 anos

Chris, thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Brandon
Eletrônicos, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Perfect for where we're at right now

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: We chose Katana after trying out a couple different MRP's which were either overly complex, over-priced, or didn't fit our needs. We've stuck with Katana based on it's ease-of-use, intuitive design, and delivery of everything we need it to do.

Vantagens:

It's great to be able to log in on any computer without having to install software, and it's done an amazing job of keeping our inventory tidy and up-to-date. The Purchase Order generator has also made us look very professional to our suppliers. The integration with Shopify is also a huge plus to us as it prevents us from having to manually transfer Shopify orders and automatically removes all parts from the BOM from our inventory. Highly recommended!

Desvantagens:

There aren't many, if any things we've come up against yet that Katana didn't support.

há 4 anos

Thank you for the feedback!

Elle
Varejistas, Profissional autônomo
Fonte da avaliação

Cannot recommend this app enough

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Honestly has changed my life for the better. I'm no longer running out of supplies and having to do emergency orders (hello, extra shipping fees!). This keeps me organized and helps me to better my time management. I can see every open order that I need to fulfill and planning out supply orders is a breeze. I've recommended this app to every other maker I know because I am that in love with it. I'll use this app for the rest of my life because it is the best thing that's happened to my business in a long time.

Vantagens:

This software legitimately changed the way my business runs. It keeps me accountable for the hundreds of supplies I use on a daily basis and keeps me organized in a way that no lists, or other apps, ever have.

Desvantagens:

I can honestly say nothing, this app works so seamlessly and wonderfully. Maybe the load speeds can be a little laggy, but that's mostly because I have a lot of materials I've input. Definitely not an app downfall or issue at all.

há 4 anos

Thank you for the support!

Andrew
CEO, GB
Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica, 2 - 10 funcionários

Working with Katana

5,0 há 10 meses

Comentários: Ive tried lots of other systems - ugly ones, expensive ones, and completely confusing ones. Katana wins hands down. And without charging you lots of extra fees to do things like multiple locations.

Vantagens:

Its very very easy to use. Having used other systems, like inFlow, it has refreshing clean visually cued interface. Its very satisfying to use.

Desvantagens:

Very little - I would ask why they dont allow non-stock items to be a thing (we cant be the only ones!) - we have to make up that we have 1000s of imaginary non-stock items to keep the system happy. But its a tiny weeny gripe and has very little bearing on anything.

Quoc Viet
Quoc Viet
Production Director, Vietname
Automotivo, 51 - 200 funcionários

The simplest mrp system.

4,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: We can easy to get COGS, quickly in make decision for make or buy.
Implement is simple and quickly .

Vantagens:

Clear process: Order fulfillment, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Inventory Control.

Desvantagens:

Don't have kitting BOM (Combo product). Format of Currency is bad, it's difficult to read.

Avaliador Verificado
Usuário do LinkedIn Verificado
Engenharia mecânica ou industrial, Profissional autônomo

Great Inventory Software

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

Vantagens:

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

Desvantagens:

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

há 4 anos

Thank you for the support!

ELLOWYN
Bens de consumo, Profissional autônomo

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Great choice for small manufacturer

4,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Vantagens:

Very simple user-interface Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently Continual feature upgrades Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks Very responsive customer service Detailed, but not overwhelming

Desvantagens:

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly. There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

há 5 anos

Thank you for the feedback!

Danny
Operations Manager, Austrália
Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica, 11 - 50 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

Vantagens:

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Desvantagens:

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

há 4 anos

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Zach
Ops Ninja, EUA
Artigos de luxo e joias, 2 - 10 funcionários

Smooth Operator

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: It has been great, highly recommend for small to medium business. Very user friendly!

Vantagens:

Katana has made our day to day business so much more fluid and stress free. It was easy to build out the product lines, upload product sku's and flip the switch on going live. Game changer!

Desvantagens:

On the production schedule front, hoping that the software will eventually lump all the tasks together, I have multiple consumers that order the same item, each order is its own line item instead of being lumped into a group, so our production team needs to scrub the tasks before production starts as to make sure they capture each item, as to not create redunancy in work.

Lisa
CFO, EUA
Alimentação e bebidas, 2 - 10 funcionários

New User

5,0 há 11 meses

Comentários: Customer service has been outstanding to help me learn features and problem solve. Very friendly and helpful!

Vantagens:

The software is very easy to use and I like the automatic saving feature but also able to edit transactions as well.

Desvantagens:

I would like to be able to process payments through eCommerce in Katana, those need to be done manually.

Alexander
Head of Technology & Logistics, Canadá
Impressão, 2 - 10 funcionários

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

Vantagens:

+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used. + Price structure. Very affordable for us. + Customer support.

Desvantagens:

- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

há 5 anos

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Rowena
Financial Controller, Nova Zelândia
Mobiliário, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Does everything it says it will

4,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Like Xero, it's simple but powerful - what's not to like about that?! The support is friendly and helpful (despite only being available online) and the training videos are really well presented and easy to follow. A really good software implementation experience.

Vantagens:

That may not sound very exciting, but in my experience, it's not always a given that getting the features to work is straightforward. But Katana really is both powerful and yet pretty straightforward, although just BECAUSE it has a lot of facility, I would recommend the investment of a little time in watching some of the training videos, which are excellent. Once I'd done that, it was full steam ahead and everything fell beautifully into place. The integration with Xero was completely straightforward and works like a charm. I know that as we go forward and get more and more information into the system it will provide even more, very valuable information for us.

Desvantagens:

I have only a couple of really minor niggles; I would prefer to be able to enter dates, rather than having to always pick them off a calendar (for someone who types fast, this slows me down). I'd also like it if when you are "making" a product, if all the components of that product's sub-assembly are available, the software would just go on down the line and automatically make right down to the lowest assembly level. But as I said, these are really minor and would not stop me from wholeheartedly recommending Katana.

Hanif
Director, Canadá
Fabricação de alimentos, 11 - 50 funcionários

Food Manufacturing ERP system

4,0 há 11 meses

Comentários: So far the experience has been very good. I have had a few issues with the initial implementation fee which is mandatory and in my opinion expensive for what you get. I do receive some feedback, but sometimes it takes a while to receive it.

Vantagens:

I loved the user interface and the ease of working with the system. The system is very intuitive and with the instructional videos you can pretty much pick up the basics very quickly. I love the way that you can upload information through Excel and the system is flexible with the upload. Also the seamless integration with Quickbooks online is very nice.

Desvantagens:

One of the features that is missing, but they are working on it, is sales forecasting by SKU. This would be a great feature to add as it will allow us to add our expected sales for each SKU and have the system forecast demand. Another issue is when you have a price rule for a client in QuickBooks Katana has no way to see this, so when the invoice is pushed to QuickBooks you have to go through each individual line to accept the price rule. Not a game changer, but a bit of a hassle.

Michaela
BAS Agent, Austrália
Automação industrial, 11 - 50 funcionários

Manufacturing superstar

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: We went over many manufacturing software, but Katana is the best so far.

Vantagens:

- easiness of navigation and implementation - support - the colour coding

Desvantagens:

- not sure how to upload documents - not being able to add multiple sale and purchase accounts - not being able to ship partial sale orders

Jeff
Jeff
Roupa e moda, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Katana has made a huge improvement to our business process!

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: I was extremely happy to find this app after months of struggling to keep track (using a spreadsheet) of current quantity for 1.) In stock blank shirts (various colors and sizes)
2.) Ordered blanks (various colors, sizes, and suppliers)
3.) Sales of finish products (various styles, colors, sizes, and designs.)
Making a Purchase Order list took way to long to complete each day. With Katana, tracking what we have and what we needed got so much easier and I was able to focus on more important business decisions. Before Katana I was over and under ordering ingredients. I would recommend this app to anyone who uses Shopify and wants to make managing inventory of raw materials, ingredients, and sales orders easier.

Vantagens:

Improved our ability to track shared ingredients for the products we sell. Easy to know what quantity of ingredients to buy and who to buy it from. Connects to Shopify and updates automatically. Amazing customer support.

Desvantagens:

It took some time to learn the software and create ingredients for each product - but is worth while.

Thank you!

Jason
President, EUA
Aparelhos médicos, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

A lot of bang for the buck!

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: We were able to implement Katana as our central point for our entire software stack. Each piece of software gets its orders and data from Katana. Normally, I would be hesitant to put any of the software that small business sees on a daily basis into this important position. I had no issue putting Katana into this position.

Vantagens:

This software has a fantastic feel to make working in it incredibly efficient. As a person that works with software/web design/development, I can appreciate the attention paid to this incredibly complex platform.

Desvantagens:

There isn't much we don't like. Most of the small things are already in the development cycle and they include small things like being able to customize Katana a bit more for our specific needs. Column order, custom fields, field mapping of API connections, etc.

Elias
Director, Singapura
Varejistas, 2 - 10 funcionários

Simple but Effective Inventory Management

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: We've saved countless manhours on tracking inventory. It also makes purchasing decisions a lot easier, with the ability to know at a glance how much of each product you need to buy.

Vantagens:

PROS: - really easy to use, great interface - support is responsive, although we didn't have much need for support thanks to a very thorough and detailed knowledge base - reasonably priced compared to other inventory management systems - good integrations with Shopify, Quickbooks, etc - it made inventory tracking a lot easier for us as a manufacturer. The manhours saved on doing Excel updates to inventory would definitely cost more if you run complex operations

Desvantagens:

CONS: - Integration with Quickbooks is a little iffy if you don't login to Quickbooks beforehand - It doesn't have a multicurrency feature for purchase orders (when you buy inventory in a currency different from your main currency) - It's not easy to account for freight costs in the costs of buying raw materials - You can't work in 2 browser tabs without paying for 2 users, this can be a little frustrating

há 4 anos

Thank you for the valuable feedback! Some of your suggestions are already in our roadmap for 2021. Glad to see you are saving time and resources with Katana!

Kyle
Artigos de luxo e joias, 2 - 10 funcionários

Streamline Any Business With KATANA

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: The customer service is honestly the best customer service I have ever experienced. They are quick to respond, clear at explaining, very knowledgeable of the software, and great to work with. Rep even made me videos walking me through the parts of the process that were hanging me up.

Vantagens:

The ability to streamline production, inventory and invoicing is a huge time saver and really helps with organization. I feel it is a great value for the money that you are spending and it

Desvantagens:

There is quite a bit of setup to get everything up and running and everything really functions together. This is not Katana's fault and they really have made it easy. Once everything (materials, products, production recipes) are set up, it runs like a charm.

há 5 anos

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Lucille
Co-Founder, EUA
Cosmético, 2 - 10 funcionários
Usou o software para: Mais de um ano
Fonte da avaliação

A must for any manufacturing startup

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: Katana has been an absolute game changer for our cosmetics manufacturing business. Prior to this, we were using an inventory management system more suited to home crafters. It was woefully inadequate for our needs, but traditional MPR software was too complicated and expensive. Katana offers the perfect balance between powerful, seamless tracking and a user-friendly interface. It saves us hours of planning time each week and has greatly reduced errors. There's no way we'd be able to scale our quickly-growing business without this software.

Vantagens:

Intuitive, user-friendly interface and powerful, seamless inventory tracking.

Desvantagens:

We don't like the per-user pricing model.

há 5 anos

Thank you for showing the love!

Jason
Account Manager, EUA
Contabilidade, 11 - 50 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Katana is Great for small business

4,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: Its easy to use, our warehouse knows exactly what to do and when which is great. Ordering is relatively easy so from an inventory standpoint I think its great. I think there is a lot of room for improvement in basically every other facet this software says it can deliver.

Vantagens:

Its easy to use as both a user and an admin. Low learning curve with a high return of success.

Desvantagens:

Its really unintuitive for me at least to communicate with my users with the shop floor app. Im better off getting up and takinf the time to talk to them directly rather than leaving them notes and vice versa. Also the reports NEVER work, ive never been able to pull a report or print a packing slip for whatever reason (the link always dies) thankfully I also keep up to date on our accounting software so I can pull the report from there otherwise Id probably rate this lower.

Matt
Director, Nova Zelândia
Bens de consumo, Profissional autônomo

Katana Review

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Just the app I needed for my small business to mange the complexities of inventory and materials management. It is a no brainer for anyone looking to manage their direct to consumer manufacturing and will be my key managing fast growth. The sync between Xero, Shopify and Katana is exactly what I was after. Great support from the team too!

Vantagens:

I was looking for software that could manage both my purchased and manufactured products with both BOM and raw material management. Katana does a great job of this with the bonus of syncing with Xero and Shopify. It is not a complex system and simple for my small business.

Desvantagens:

Katana is quite basic with what you can record for your products and materials. It would be great if there was more ability to add custom fields ( supplier SKUs, Drawing number references etc). Also some ability to customize purchase order and sales order format would be a good improvement. To be able to add a suppliers sku to a PO would be very valuable.

há 4 anos

Thank you for sharing your feedback!