Mention

Avaliações do Mention

da Mention

Great for social media monitoring and measuring social sentiment

Avaliado em 13/12/2017
Abigail N.
Usou o software para: 1 a 5 meses
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: It helped monitor competitor mentions, my brand's mentions and most importantly it helped gauge how people felt about my brand, whether positive, negative or neutral.

Vantagens: I originally signed up for mention to measure the social sentiment of one of the brands I managed. My first choice was Hootsuite but the form wasn't loading so I decided to try Mention. Best decision I ever made! After signing up and setting up keywords to measure, alerts and dashboards, I forgot about Mention because it wasn't giving me info on past activity, I got an email from Account Executive at Mention and we scheduled a 15 minutes call to walk me through mention and answer my questions. The call helped me understand how to use mention, It also explained why the social sentiment dashboard wasn't showing much info. Mention doesn't show past data only data from when the account is set up.
I liked the email alerts on competitors social media mentions, I wanted to know who was mentioning my competitors and why, and if they were journalists, I could use Hunter and Clearbit to get their emails so I could send them a pitch.
I think the pros of Mention are: Good support from the Mention team, simple interface that is easy to use and resources such as webinars to make the most of the software, email alerts on competitors mention on social media, blogs, forums etc. And of course the simple social sentiment dashboard.

Desvantagens: The brand I used Mention on was a small brand with little activity, and most social media interactions were in the past after we ran a campaign. Which didn't help much because Mention only showed data collected after setting up. I wish I could get sentiment from past activity so I can measure how my brand was viewed then and now.

Versatile and complete tool to know the mentions

Avaliado em 10/12/2019
Iván B.
Gerente de Marketing Digital
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: For many years it is important to know what is said online before creating and publishing your content on social networks. In this case mention is one of the best tools not only to know the mentions of the brand, it also allows to know the mentions by each social networks

Vantagens: You know the mentions for each social network. Separately, determining the quality of each mention, with a scale

Desvantagens: the reports that arrive to the email must arrive at the moment and with other metrics. Including a thematic reports would be great

Great tool for any size business

Avaliado em 30/10/2019
Daniel B.
Operations Director
Varejistas, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I enjoy the 'behind-the-scenes' work it does, plus the daily emails on what it finds. Very useful information.

Vantagens: I like the ease of setup and how it just works after that. The free level allows for anyone to easily get started.

Desvantagens: Would like to see a pay-level between Free and Solo.

Metion monitors social media so you don't have to.

Avaliado em 11/07/2018
Andy A.
CEO and Founder
13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Not much that I can't get from others . Over time Mention has lost its luster and is easily replaced by other tools.

Vantagens: Mention is easy to set up, and provides reporting on what's going on in social media based on what you want it to track.

Desvantagens: Mention is constantly asking me to log in again and validate my accounts with services like LinkedIn. This is troubling as it impacts timely deliver, and is more of an interruption than a benefit. It's like LinkedIn or Facebook don't trust them.

Extremely useful for finding brand mentions

Avaliado em 21/11/2019
Andrew R.
Joint-CEO
Software, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I like the fact that it helps me discover mentions of our company, Resource Guru, which I would never have discovered on my own. I also like the fact it takes up very little of my time. The email alerts are very handy - so, you hardly ever have to even log in.

Desvantagens: It sometimes discovers irrelevant results which can be a little annoying. You can flag them as irrelevant but it won't necessarily prevent future irrelevant results. And I would rather see some irrelevant results in amongst relevant ones than miss out on some relevant results.

Easy, intuitive and scalable

Avaliado em 26/11/2019
Laurent D.
Relações públicas e comunicações, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I started using mention a few years ago for one of my tech client and it s been very useful to track down coverages and be informed on tweets for example, identify influencers..

Vantagens: Mention is a fast easy solution accessible to the least skilled operational. It offers a complete comprehensive look at all the mention of your brands on media, social networks. You can exclude wrong entries, bad sources and trains the tools to get better and better

Desvantagens: It can sometimes be difficult to go through too many results but that s the case with most of the solutions on the market

All the publications you want in one place

Avaliado em 20/11/2019
Irene B.
Communications Consultant
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I use Mention every day fro media monitoring. We apply the filters that we need and this allows to get alerts on the news that are important for our business. I still can't believe we have information from different websites and Social Media platforms in just one place.

Vantagens: Mention is very easy to use and pretty effective.

Desvantagens: That yo have a limit of publications that sometimes finishes fast.

Very Help Software

Avaliado em 25/11/2019
Darren H.
Varejistas, 2-10 funcionários
Usou o software para: 1 a 5 meses
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Since using mention it has cut down the amount of time been taken up keeping track of all the different social media channels as the software does it all for you.
You can even set it to post for you.

Vantagens: Mention Software is easy to use and navigate around and costumed to show only what you want to see.
Plus the daily emails make sure you dont miss any information you are interested in catching.

Desvantagens: The trail version only lets you connect to one social media channel two or more channels would give you better feel for the software.

Mention_Review

Avaliado em 04/11/2019
Bobby M.
Serviços de informação, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall very good. No complaints. Easy to use and the emails remind me to check out new mentions.

Vantagens: The fact that I can find out if Vertical IQ has been mentioned in media. The Mention emails remind me to check for new mentions.

Desvantagens: I like the Mention and have no real compliant. Every now and then I get confused on which link to click to see the article/mention but it's minor. I'd like to see Mention make ongoing upgrades which I haven't seen.

Review

Avaliado em 11/11/2019
Roger W.
Artist
Belas Artes, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: It is straight forward and extremely easy to use.

Desvantagens: I can;t say that I have any negative comments to add.

Okay Monitoring Service, But Buyer Beware - No Option to Cancel

Avaliado em 13/08/2019
Coy W.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Most poor reviews come from disgruntled clients who proceed to trash the company. This is not a positive review, but to be fair there are some positive qualities about the application. For starters, do your homework and review all the options available. Turns out there are other companies with more robust platforms that offer more services for a lower price. Mention offers decent monitoring services for companies that don't have PR teams with the ability to focus on monitoring. You can set up alerts (up to a point, before getting charged again) and manage the results to attempt to get focused. Even so, there is a ton of noise that has to be filtered out. For the time you spend tooling around with the app you could actually set up other methods to get the same results. For us, Mention didn't quite offer all the value for the price and upsells. We restructured our PR to be smarter and narrow in on specific sources for each campaign - something our clients greatly appreciate. Attribution is easy to measure without using Mention, so it was obvious to us that we are paying a premium (over a quarterly premium and upsells) for a service that isn't doing much for us. That may not be the case for you, but when we opted to end our agreement, Mention's answer was basically "I don't care, pay me my money". Not a very good look and definitely prevents me from ever considering them again even if they upgraded their services in the future.

Vantagens: The solution offers online monitoring that includes news, social media, message boards, and forums. There is an added cost to include traditional news sources like TV & Radio, but the extra cost makes the overall package more expensive than other solutions on the market. The setup team was actually good, so the initial experience with the company was positive.

Desvantagens: With exception of message boards and forums, you can reasonably achieve the same results using Google Alerts. For the cost and non-cancellable contract, you can actually fill in the gaps with just a little bit of leg work and some ingenuity. We ended up having to manually monitor review sites (like TripAdvisor), regardless of the promises made by Mention. That was pretty inconvenient. Additionally, we found quite a bit of chatter that wasn't being picked up by Mention. Eventually, we had to ask ourselves what's the point of paying so much money for the service. Mention doesn't break contracts, even if you're paying the premium for quarterly payments - which most ethical companies offer knowing that you may have to make a break. Their handling of that request leaves a lot to be desired.

Mention gets all the mentions

Avaliado em 10/09/2019
Kristi A.
Marketing & PR Manager
Hospitais e Saúde, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Back in the day, we’d monitor news with Google Alerts which was obviously a terrible idea. Mention picks up stuff lightning fast and it’s incredibly affordable if you're on a budget and looking to get in to more serious media monitoring. I can’t recommend Mention enough as a user-friendly, cost-effective, thorough solution. It also offers more advanced options for when your budget or need increases.

Vantagens: It’s a cost-effective, in-depth monitoring solution.

Desvantagens: I wish more features were available to base plans, even on an a la carte basis.

Fantastic Media Monitoring service

Avaliado em 05/08/2016
Nicole M.
Managing Partner
Relações governamentais, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I was an early adopter of Mention App and have seen it grow from strength to strength. Compared to high priced media monitoring from large companies on offer - it is often quicker, more precise and always covers the full social, online and offline news environment. I use it for my clients and highly recommend it.

Vantagens: Ease of use, quick set up and accurate results. In built-sentiment analysis is useful.
It's also helpful you can connect your social accounts to Mention and use the dashboard to respond to customer queries.

Desvantagens: Not as evolved in the visualisation of data as competitors, but this isn't a big con because the data gathered is timely, precise and relevant (which other platforms struggle with). But would be great to see more options to display data.

Mentions is Awesome!

Avaliado em 07/09/2016
Darla B.
Marketing Coordinator
Gestão da educação, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I like the way you can limit the amount of feedback by blocking those you know don't belong and adding key words and using key words to block. I've been using this product for about two years. I'm a one person PR shop so it really saves me time in searching for those commenting about our school.

Vantagens: I get notifications by email about people talking about the school. It covers all social media and all sources on the web. It's really great and easy to use.

Desvantagens: It's pretty pricy for a school but they do have a free option that is what I use. They used to have a larger number of free mentions but now it's only 100 which isn't many. I reach my max by the end of the first week of the month. I wish they had an educational discount.

Mention allows me to monitor my brand and competition easily.

Avaliado em 24/11/2017
Frédéric P.
Head of Digital Publishing
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I can monitor any word, brand or name I want, giving me a headstart upon dealing with certain subjects.

Vantagens: What I like about Mention is the speed with which it finds the occurrences of the keywords I indicate to it. Rather than my competitors, I observe with this tool the vivacity of certain themes.

Desvantagens: The interface is empty and not very intuitive. Fortunately, email alerts allow me to quickly access the last mentions of my keywords, because I don't use the web page where my information is collected, or very little. But this is a minor detail, because it is of particular interest to full-time community managers.

The easiest tool to monitor media

Avaliado em 18/01/2019
Avaliador Verificado
Community Leader
Software, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: When I started my work 3,5 years ago I tested a lot of media monitoring tools and Mention keep being the best so far. The first thing - it's clear and easy. The second - it lets me reply on Twitter mentions without leaving the app - it saves time. The third - I can see in the right side of the app what's inside the mention so I can see if it worth my attention without leaving the app.

Desvantagens: I don't have any cons in mind. Maybe the fact, that during these 3,5 years I've been using it the app missed some articles that turned out to be quite important.

I've tried many services...

Avaliado em 02/07/2019
Anastasia T.
Product Expert
Software, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I've tried many services to monitor our brand mentions and all of them start showing you too many junk and irrelevant matches. In comparison, I've found Mention to be the most precise monitoring tool, which takes info from the quality sources and never skipping the more obscure ones, but only if that's relevant. Also, monitoring Twitter is a nice and useful addition.

Desvantagens: I've been using mention sine it had a free tier and as far as I know, there is none anymore. So, be prepared to shell out, but it's definitely worth it.

Infinity Functionality software

successful businesses
growing campaigns
creators
those, who love Mention
Infinity constructive opportunities for campaigns to promote a startups, projects or a legendary brands. You can characterize the service as accessibility, mobility, infinity
This service uses the most current methods for obtaining references to the brand
Can be in a few clicks:
Monitor social media in real time.
Monitor a billion sources in more than 60 languages.
Learn the most authoritative opinions about a brand or keyword.
Connect social accounts for mobile response.
Creation of actual reports and comparison of notifications.
Export data to PDF or CSV.
Teamwork with the team by exchanging alerts.
Work with a mobile device.
Team Mention it's lovely and best team

Great to monitor your brand

Avaliado em 19/10/2019
David P.
Developer | Evangelist
Software, 1001-5000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I like a lot the fact you can easily monitor everything about your brand on social medias, web sites, ...
And also easily filter out what you don't want (the noise).
For example, I'm not interested in the job offers related to my software. Excluding a website or a given term from the alerts is super easy and efficient.

Desvantagens: Nothing really. The website and its mobile version are easy to use. The email I'm getting every day is perfect.

Mention is a good overall tool for measuring Share of Voice and tracking visibility.

Avaliado em 06/09/2017
Ann C.
Marketing Director
Software, 501-1000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Good overall look at Share of Voice versus our competition. Affordablility.

Vantagens: Ease of Use and Affordability. For getting a quick and relatively accurate overall Share of Voice reading, Mention is a solid tool. It is affordable and provides the basic functionality a marketer needs to measure social media and online mentions.

Desvantagens: Granularity in results and being able to track Share of Conversation is limited. Accessing history is limited, as it only tracks from the time you set up a stream search. Limited in key word functionality and Boolean searches until you upgrade and then it gets more expensive.

Learn all the secrets of your competitors

Avaliado em 19/07/2018
Osa L.
Marketing
Relação qualidade/preço

Vantagens: It's easy to learn whenever anyone is mentioned in the media. Do you want to keep track of your own mentions and protect your reputation? Mention can do that. Do you want to spy from your competitors so that you can easily adapt their innovative ideas for your own benefit? Mention can help you.

Desvantagens: It can be a bit complicated if you're not used to software like this, but if you're patient you can figure it out.

Love Mention!

Avaliado em 07/05/2018
Victor I.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: You cant catch everything that's happening on the Internet around your brand. This is what's Menion for. It helps you find fresh mentions and discussions of the topics you're interested in, so you're always updated on the most recent development.

Desvantagens: It might have been a little more precise. While Mention is really great, it's best to combine it with some other similar app.

Great tool

Avaliado em 10/05/2018
Avaliador Verificado
Co-Founder and CEO
Clínica de saúde mental, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I love how Mention scraps the web for mentions, tweets, news, etc. about your company and delivers it daily. I made a lot of personal connections with people who tweeted about us and I would have never known otherwise

Desvantagens: A lot of times there are wrong tweets delivered to my email daily. especially if there's a similarity in names, I'm not sure how it can be fixed though.

If you can get it in the budget, it's a no brainer

Avaliado em 05/10/2015
Mike X.
Publicidade e marketing
Usou o software para: Avaliação gratuita
Relação qualidade/preço

Comentários: I only used the trial so I don't have a long history with the service. I've been a marketing professional for over 10 years and understand the value of time, knowledge and keeping up with discussions going on about your product and the people associated. I'm impressed with how easy it is to set up and get back to work... you can tweak settings as you start getting results to really hone in on what you're after. There's no point rambling on about Mention, it simply does what you expect it to do in an intuitive way.

Vantagens: Quick to set up, easy to adjust, friendly and responsive support staff... fast learning curve!

Desvantagens: You get pretty flooded with results in the beginning which can be overwhelming and turn some people off that the service has just thrown a wide catch net over the internet and giving you everything! BUT it's only as good as what you put in... it's up to YOU to get the most out of it, put in the right search terms, the right filters and it's amazing how accurate it can be. The con here is that it might be a good idea in the onboarding phase to ensure people understand this (maybe I missed it).

Resposta dos fornecedores

por mention em 07/10/2015

Thanks a lot for testing Mention and leaving this great review. I appreciate how accurately you describe the challenge of setting up the search correctly with our filters to avoid being flooded with irrelevant results. It's great that you pointed it out, we will work on emphasis this during the on-boarding phase, as you mentioned.

Comprehensive Community Engagement Tool

Avaliado em 19/11/2016
Ferg D.
Communications Strategist
Relações públicas e comunicações, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Mention is a wonderfully complex community engagement tool that allows you to complete many functional tasks that were likely separate streams of "work" for people in the past. There are several features that allow you to better engage with your community. There is also a nice high level analytics report tool to assess your metrics. There is also a great opportunity to customize messaging to your audience. Several of their filters help you keep an eye on performance within your network. Who's following, Who's not, Who's engaging with you. Give it a try !

Vantagens: It makes management of my social networks easier, less time involved.

Desvantagens: Be sure to select the right frequency of "notifications" or you might overwhelmed by the updates. Your choice.