15 anos ajudando empresas portuguesas
a escolherem o melhor software

Sobre EmailOctopus

Ferramenta econômica de marketing por e-mail via Amazon SES

Saiba mais sobre o EmailOctopus

Vantagens:

Integration was easy, the software is easy to use overall. Easy to manage your contact lists for ab testing.

Desvantagens:

Lack of functionalities as for automation and possibility of team work.

Notas do EmailOctopus

Pontuação média

Praticidade
Atendimento ao cliente
Recursos
Relação qualidade/preço

Probabilidade de recomendação

O EmailOctopus tem uma classificação geral de 4,7 em 5 estrelas com base em 404 avaliações de usuários no Capterra.

Você já usou o EmailOctopus antes?

Compartilhe suas experiências com outros compradores de software.

Filtrar avaliações (404)

Andre
Andre
Founder, EUA
Música, Profissional autônomo

Email Octopus is Worth It

5,0 há 9 meses

Comentários: Overall, my experience with Email Octopus has been great. I’m able to easily send emails and build my list.

Vantagens:

I have only been using an email newsletter for 6 months, so I’m new to email marketing. Email Octopus has a straightforward list management tool that I find easy to use. I like that my dashboard gives me my recent campaign stats. For someone like myself who is just starting to build a list, the price is great and the functionality is simple and easy to understand and execute.

Desvantagens:

Now that I’m 6 months in with Email Octopus, I wish they had some deeper engagement tracking per subscriber - i.e. location, time of open. Some deeper engagement tracking would help in understanding how, when, and where subscribers are interacting with the campaign.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: Campaign Monitor by Marigold, Mad Mimi e Mailchimp

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: Price was the determining factor. The ability to build a list inexpensively was a the deciding factor.

Mandy
Education Programme Co-ordinator, GB
Instituições religiosas, 2 - 10 funcionários

EmailOctopus is great!

5,0 há 2 meses Novo

Vantagens:

Easy to set up - great & timely help from the EmailOctopus team when needed They give discounts for charities

Desvantagens:

One thing - It would be useful to be able to delete certain dates in Recurring Events without having to delete each event individually. There's nothing else I can think of!

Rachel
Volunteer, EUA
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Not Impressed due to lack of deliverabilaty and one poor customer service rep

1,0 há 2 meses Novo

Comentários: Yuck. I am bummed, but the customer service was lacking, regardless of a free account or not. As a small, volunteer-run nonprofit, we are frugal, and apparently not paying equates to a not good experience.

Vantagens:

The initial customer service was just fine, but when inquiring about bounce-back rate, the individual responding was simply "icky".

Desvantagens:

We experienced an extremely high deliver-ability issue, when we had zero with the previous platform. When inquiring about the drastic swing between the two platforms, I was met with extreme disrespect by the customer service agent, [sensitive content hidden], who proved that he is simply not a good person. While I had positive experiences with other reps, he proved to not be one of them. Any organization would be curious about why there was such a large swing in numbers, in post-actively reading reviews, lack of deliver-ability was a constant.

Resposta do EmailOctopus

mês passado

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to feedback. At the time we reviewed the bounce rates and we confirmed, via email, that these were hard bounces as a result of importing "Cleaned" contacts from your previous provider, Mailchimp. Cleaned contacts are contacts who have previously hard bounced or marked your emails as spam. As a result, you had a high hard bounce rate (but otherwise strong open rates). I appreciate poor results are frustrating and we are happy to help where we can. However in some instances we need to limit the support we can offer, particularly on our free plans, where our repeated recommendations and guidance aren't followed. Wish you the best with your new platform.

Marisa
Business Relationship Manager, EUA
E-Learning, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Wish I found EmailOctopus Sooner!

5,0 mês passado Novo

Comentários: It has been easy, simple, and amazing! If you're looking for a simplified and more user friendly experience, EmailOctopus checks all the boxes and more!

Vantagens:

Easy to use: I love how easy it is to navigate! Our company works really hard to make our own solutions easy to use and intuitive to our clients, so we appreciate other companies/tools that value the same thing. Support: The knowledge base is great, but the support emails are quick and personal. Again that is something our company strives for is personal customer support without going through 'robots' and I like that EmailOctopus has a dedicated support team that is super helpful if you have questions.

Desvantagens:

I don't dislike anything, though I wish for campaigns there were more video options supported like Loom. But I can easily get around that with some coding. Not enough to deter me at all.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: MailerLite

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus: Mailchimp was slow, not easy to navigate, and took forever just to manage my campaigns. EmailOctopus solved all of those issues for me.

Software anterior: Mailchimp

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: MailerLite had lots of fancy tools and settings like Mailchimp, but we needed something much simpler and easier to navigate. EmailOctopus was the obvious choice for us.

Bikas
Bikas
Assistant Marketing Manager, Nepal
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, 51 - 200 funcionários

A Fantastic Email Tool | Good Value for Money for starting Email Marketing

4,0 há 9 meses

Comentários: The support team was fantastic, I didn't expect such prompt response of my tickets. They're very understanding and put great efforts to make it work for you.

Vantagens:

Its pretty easy to use and makes campaign & list management very easy. The integration with wordpress is great as well. The tracking & analytics are fantastic so far showing detailed engagement for each recepient of our emails.

Desvantagens:

More templates could be added and made better, the forms could have a bit more customization to them both visually and condition wise.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: MailerLite, Mailchimp e Mailjet

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: Cost effective, Ease of use, Compatibility with our own Amazon SES account

Vivian
Author, EUA
Redação e edição de texto, Profissional autônomo

Works for all my needs

5,0 há 2 meses

Comentários: I've had no issues at all. Everything goes smoothly. I'm happy with the cost per product.

Vantagens:

I really like how I can set up campaigns and send them out without much issue.

Desvantagens:

I really don't like the visuals? If that makes sense? I don't think my email looks as pretty as I want it to. It's also not as easy to design what I want how I want it.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: Mailchimp

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus: price was the main factor. I need to grow my list and not be nickeled and dimed as I grow.

Software anterior: MailerLite

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: I had a PA who was familiar with it and could help me get started.

Bruna
Head of E-commerce and Digital Marketing, Portugal
Varejistas, 2 - 10 funcionários

I highly recommend it!

5,0 há 2 meses Novo

Vantagens:

Very easy to use. Very attentive support team. Excellent price!

Desvantagens:

Don't have countdown (we would like use it to "last chance" communications. Big space between images (is't possible to put two imagens pasted).

Accountant, EUA
Contabilidade, Profissional autônomo

Switched from Mailchimp

Vantagens:

Compared to Mailchimp, it is much simpler to use. I found the interface to be much more intuitive. The free version is very generous, offering up to 2,500 subscribers for free.

Desvantagens:

It's a little on the expensive side for all the features that you get.

Paride
Customer Service Manager, EUA
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, 11 - 50 funcionários

Best Campaign Management Solution

Vantagens:

Besides being a great email marketing software, it also offers best campaign management features and is very helpful.

Desvantagens:

No flaws that I can list. EmailOctopus has always been effective.

Rod
Ceo, EUA
Medicina alternativa, 2 - 10 funcionários

Top of the line.

Vantagens:

The ease in the usage and you can actually send bulk immediately.

Desvantagens:

Not sure how about anything yet. I think the government pasting is a little help..

Josh
CEO, África do Sul
Imobiliárias, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Probably one of the best & most cost-effective ESP's out there!

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Truly outstanding customer service. Quick response times and always willing to go out their way to ensure that you are properly looked after. This too is one of the key reasons why we are still with EO and have no intention of leaving. Solid company and staff all round!

Vantagens:

The thing we love most, is that when you link your Amazon SES account with Email Octopus, you can get a real bargain, esp. when compared to other ESPs out there. The user interface is very intuitive and simple to use, yet, it comes with very advanced email marketing features. All in all, we can recommend EO to anyone looking for an advanced email marketing system that doesn't break the bank.

Desvantagens:

In terms of advanced segmentation, the current version is still somewhat limited, but I've been in touch with their support team who have ensured us that it's on it's way. But other than that, no complaints whatsoever.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: SendGrid

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus: MailChimp is good, but far too expensive, esp. when you have a larger email database and send out weekly newsletters.

Software anterior: Mailchimp

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: While SendGrid is known for their ultra-high deliverability rate, the UX of their platform is sub-optimal. We managed to figure things out, but their built-in email templates were seriously lacking in creativity and weren't optimised for mobile at all. After signing up with Email Octopus, we ensured that everything was properly set up with Amazon SES (which granted, took a bit of reading up), but we now have an above average deliverability, open and click rate.

Donald
Owner, EUA
Publicidade e marketing, Profissional autônomo
Fonte da avaliação

A good inexpensive way to get your email business rolling

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: Overall EmailOctpus has done a good job handling what I throw at them and they fit my budget pretty well. Service has been better here than in the other more well know places tried in the past. They seem to be more service-orientated and willing to go the extra mile to help if needed. I'd say I have been pretty happy with most of what they have to offer.

Vantagens:

The 2500 price point is a great help for those starting out gives them a bit more time to learn and start making some money with their list and to make the payment easier too. Most of the help tutors are easy to understand and if you have trouble the support has been outstanding. Even though it is a chat and I usually don't care for that but theirs has been top-notch. They have good knowledgeable people working the chat and that really a big plus.

Desvantagens:

Pros: They are reasonably priced and offer excellent support. Easy to learn and use with a low learning curve in most areas. They also have more advanced options for integration into many of the more well-known platforms for controlling larger businesses. You also have a knowledge base you can go to when Chat is offline at night that which is very helpful for people like me that do a lot at night.Cons: My biggest pet peeve with them is not being able to use HTML templates made by others you are kinda stuck using theirs and some of them are not too professional looking or fit the needs to might have. Yeah, I'm old school but I can make them work the way I need easier to install on some websites I have custom software and I have to create workarounds to get things working sometimes.

Mikey
Author, GB
Entretenimento, Profissional autônomo

Reliable and cost-effective

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Overall I've been very pleased. I have tried several other providers and found that this service is excellent and compares well with other providers who charge a lot more for similar features.

Vantagens:

EmailOctopus offers a reliable platform at an excellent price, and the level of customer support is particularly good. Questions are answered promptly and efficiently. The platform is easy to use and has a good range of features.

Desvantagens:

I'd like to see the drag and drop email editor improved. It works well enough and the emails look good, but it is not as slick as other editors I've used.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: MailerLite e Mailchimp

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus: I wanted to switch from a self-hosted email platform to a hosted one, and it was important that the service I chose integrated with Bookfunnel and my website.

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: I've tried all those listed and a few more. MailerLite let me down several times. They were unreliable and their support was poor. Sendfox is very basic and charges for options such as single optin lists. Mailpoet has a great editor and integrates with my site beautifully, but it didn't integrate with Bookfunnel, and that was a dealbreaker. Mailchimp has become very expensive.

Kat
Author, EUA
Redação e edição de texto, Profissional autônomo
Fonte da avaliação

Can't beat the features for the price

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: My overall experience has been positive. I'm comfortable with tech, so setting this up with AWS wasn't difficult. I like the user interface and I think deliverability is at least moderate. I've been able to save 10-20 month using EmailOctopus over the more mainstream and pricey email providers, so I'm happy.

Vantagens:

I like that I have 90% of the functionality as with the more expensive options, like MailerLite. This allows me to build my newsletter list without the hefty price tag.

Desvantagens:

I wish there were more analysis-type features, like being able to tell me at a glance which subscribers haven't opened an email in six months, and then a mechanism to pull that group out and cull them from my list. Right now the process is manual and time-consuming.

Jeff
Online Lead Generator, EUA
Publicidade e marketing, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Great "out of the box" features!

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: I have been able to build an email list because of ease of integration into my

Vantagens:

Started out using the free version. It has all of the features of the paid version which you can't say that about their competitors. Can immediately have more than one list as well as use automations. Gave me a great idea. how the program works and now I'm paying and a huge fan.

Desvantagens:

I am able to integrate Email Octopus pretty much everywhere I want. But, occasionally I need to use a third party software to do so. Which isn't a huge deal, but I'm sure that will start seeing email octopus in more and more native integrations.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: Mailchimp

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: Because the price is significantly lower and the support is better.

Sonja
Writer, EUA
Editoras, Profissional autônomo

Great and Easy

5,0 há 12 meses

Comentários: I am using Email Octopus for email marketing for my publishing business. It's a very low-cost and effective way to gather my readers in one place and hold them there.

Vantagens:

Email Octopus is extremely straight-forward. The way you use it and the pricing are easy to unserstand and make sense.

Desvantagens:

Nothing to add. I like it, and can't think of anything I dislike. Customer service was prompt at answering my inquiries.

Elle
Self-Published Author, EUA
Editoras, Profissional autônomo

Excellent Email Service

5,0 há 9 meses

Comentários: My experience with EO has always been personal, accessible, and prompt. Their site "Knowledge Base" is very helpful, and their email templates look good. Most of all, their mission aligns with mine. I couldn't be happier overall!

Vantagens:

I'm an indie author, and I like having control of my content. EmailOctopus provides great templates and transparent analysis, plus it aligns with my values (responsibility for the environment!) which is a huge boost in my opinion.

Desvantagens:

When I started out, EmailOctopus didn't quite have the diverse functionality that I saw in other big email brands. However I have seen EO add functionality over time, and I myself am not super techy, so essentially I have been able to grow with the service. :)

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: MailerLite e Mailchimp

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: sustainability, accessibility, value for price, transparency

Terry
CEO, EUA
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, 2 - 10 funcionários
Usou o software para: Avaliação gratuita

This Octopus Has Tenticles

5,0 há 10 meses

Comentários: As of right now I'm excited to get started. If the information you provide from here on is as good as the information I have received so far I think this will be a long term relationship.

Vantagens:

I'm new to Email Octopus but from the beginning I can see that they address all the areas that other email providers don't. They give segmentation ideas that I would have never thought about. I can see where this email service is different and cares about the success of their clients. I'm excited!

Desvantagens:

I wish that they would have asked all of these questions after I have had a chance to use the Octopus. Then i could have been more subjective in answering these great questions.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: Mailchimp

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus: Most of the other services were difficult to maneuver through. The instructions were either vague or nonexistent. Help was hard to come by or took a long time to get an answer.

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: After a personal analysis I believe that the Octopus will be easier to work with and help me get to where I want to take the business.

Daniela
CEO, Áustria
Publicidade e marketing, Profissional autônomo

Beautifully Simple

Vantagens:

It has focus. If you want to write a simple and nice e-mail newsletter to stay in contact with your list it is the best software I found. They have a Texteditor that is easy to use (like writing an Email), you need little steps to send an email and the software works on a mobile device. The integration of forms to wordpress are super simple as well. The Platform is intuitive and easy to understand, you don't need a master in Marketing to use it.

Desvantagens:

It would be nice if it had an app for Android. But at least the web-app is mobile friendly so you can even use it on mobile phone to write email without an app.

Amit
Community Manager, Portugal
Ócio, viagens e turismo, 11 - 50 funcionários

EmailOctopus Review - A Community Manager at an Impact NGO

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: I think EmailOctopus is a simplified version of something like Mailchimp; really impressed by the way it simplifies the entire process.

Vantagens:

The ease of use (any day). Really easy to import/export the contacts; the analytics are accurate and easily digestable.

Desvantagens:

Certain glitches when it comes to drafting the email (like changing the image size or highlighting some text as bold). Rest all is great!

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: Mailchimp

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus: Mailchimp was a) expensive; b) a touch hard to use for a relatively fresh marketing team

Software anterior: Mailchimp

Razões para mudar para o EmailOctopus: EmailOctopus is a) fairly easy to use, b) relatively cheaper

Nessma
Manager, Omã
Editoras, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

A good option if you're starting out

4,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: It's a nice provider is you're starting up and don't have many subscribers; less than 2500. The templates are very convenient and attractive to use. Tagging and segmentation got better better over the time. However, opening rate is still concerning due to inefficient CAN Spam that leads to identifying emails sent from EmailOctopus as spam instead of landing in the receiver's inbox folder.

Vantagens:

When I started using EmailOctopus, the first feature that attracted me to their service was their templates. There is a good variety to choose from. The designs are nice and not boring like most of the presets that come with mailers. It was easy to use to send weekly newsletters.

Desvantagens:

I faced two problems when I used EmailOctopus. One, the open rate was dismal compared to other mailing services due to spam complaints. Most of the emails were either sent to spam or blocked. It caused delivery issues that eventually made me use a different mailer. Two, list management. I wasn't able to import subscribers easily, segment or segregate or have a lead page to gather subscribers.

Resposta do EmailOctopus

há 2 anos

Hi Nessma, Thanks for taking the time to review. I'm glad to say EmailOctopus does completely support imports of subscribers, along with segmentation and segregation. We also have a range of landing pages within EmailOctopus so you can grow your list, for free, easier than ever. We'd love you to have a go at using these, so please reach out to our Support team who will gladly point you in the right direction to start.

George
Marketing Admin, Bulgária
Serviços ao consumidor, 51 - 200 funcionários

Very happy

5,0 há 8 meses

Comentários: great! Their customer service is also very responsive.

Vantagens:

I love that Email Octopus is easy to use and navigate. Has a lot of automation options that are very flexible.

Desvantagens:

I would really love if they implemented a search bar for campaigns and exporting of reports.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: Mailjet

Razões para escolher o EmailOctopus: We've been having issues using Mailjet as our primary email marketing provider so we switched to Email Octopus and use Mailjet as a secondary service.

Steven
Director, EUA
Instituições religiosas, 2 - 10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

E-mail Octopus is a great platform

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Overall, our experience has been great. Any time I've had a question or a problem the support center is very responsive, even factoring in the time lag because I'm in the United States and they are in Great Britain.

Vantagens:

E-mail Octopus is very easy to use. It is an intuitive program. Over the past three years that we have been using it it has been nearly flawless. But the best thing about it is it's affordability and flexibility.

Desvantagens:

If I had to pick just one thing about the program that I would change would be on the reporting side. It gives good data about the number of opens, numbers who unsubscribe and bounces. However when they report clicks the base it not just on the number of opens but also factor in even the number who never opened the e-mail. To me, that doesn't make sense. How can you report data on someone who never even opens the e-mail.The realistic number of click throughs should be based on the actual number of the people who have opened the e-mail. That is the most accurate data a user like myself can benefit from.

Ken
CEO, EUA
Entretenimento, 11 - 50 funcionários

Email Octopus Save Money

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: The experience has been very good. Hopefully they will continue to improve the product with quick editing features.

Vantagens:

It's integration with amazon ses is key which lowers the overall price when compared to aweber or other products.

Desvantagens:

Needs a better system for removing inactive users.

Gavin
CEO, GB
Software, 2 - 10 funcionários

EmailOctopus are very good

Comentários: Very good.

Vantagens:

Easy to use and plenty of analytics. Works well.

Desvantagens:

The ability to search all of your email lists for emails instead of having to search each list individually.

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente: Mailchimp Transactional Email