So close to perfect!

Avaliado em 25/11/2019
Coordinator
Educação superior, 1001-5000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Vantagens: Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep track of all my tasks involved in coordinating the events. I also like how easily you can share it with others and work on it with others. The interface is clean and works well for me both on my desktop and tablet. The last thing I like most about this software is the ability to have an attachment field. When coordinating travel for myself and others, I appreciate being able to attach our flight itineraries, travel approvals, and any other important documents directly to the table. It's a great way to keep it all in one place.

Desvantagens: Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis. Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

Avaliado em 15/08/2019
Jonathan H.
Labor Coordinator
Serviços de eventos, 13-50 funcionários
Usou o software para: 1 a 5 meses
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

Vantagens: I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

Desvantagens: It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

A daily godsend

Avaliado em 08/08/2019
Emma M.
Director of Communication
Instituições religiosas, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: So far it's a golden resource for us. I use it every day for member tracking, marketing planning, storing up a cache of future content, assigning team members as leads for stories/members/etc. I really, REALLY hope this program sticks around because it's dead useful for us in so many arenas.

Vantagens: I love the customization options. I also really appreciate the aesthetics, how easy it is to hide/unhide/move fields, the filter abilities, the blocks for bulk editing, the linking between records, and so so much more.

Desvantagens: There are still some pieces missing that would be super useful for us (the ability to read a cell's contents and apply if-then results and not just count the contents, for instance). And it can get expensive quickly if you have a big team.

Why I use Airtable to store my data

Avaliado em 26/07/2019
Delia S.
Startup founder
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered. Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

Vantagens: Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder). Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code. It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc. You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

Desvantagens: When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills.

Game changer

Avaliado em 29/04/2019
Patricia S.
Writer & Designer
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Vantagens: When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list. Colored labels, grouping, filtering, view options, etc. But you have no idea what a big difference they make! Airtable makes it possible to put in all the data you have, but the key to its success is it lets you filter it down to only the essential information you need to see to make the decisions in front of you. It's the database that actually helps with decision-making. And the more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

Desvantagens: There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

Early User and a Returning Addict

Avaliado em 05/12/2018
Ing siang T.
Engineering Officer
Administração pública, 1001-5000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall I am a super fan of Airtable - first discovered, fell in love, and told everyone I knew about Airtable 3-4 years ago, IIRC when they first appear on Product Hunt. Build a whole bunch of bases to manage my person life (book list, financial trackers, a large inter-linked base to track 3D printing activities for a local maker space etc.). Stopped using it for awhile because I was focusing on my day job for a few years, before coming back to do side projects and businesses. Ended up build a tracker for my subscription business, with automated renewal and receipt email generation via Zapier. Airtable is not perfect but it made a non-coder me into someone who can create a solution that’s “almost there”. I always tell people - Airtable can’t do everything (like a fully customized software) but 80% of your need can be satisfied by Airtable with 20% of effort, broadly speaking. I also love their Customer Services - while it is no longer the Airtable 2-3 years ago where I just chat using the chat tool (Intercom or..?) and ask UX related questions as they come to me (simple questions, not too different from asking a coworker in your office) and even caught the CEO Howie Lou a few times; it is still a very well supported software/ company where the CS team actually know the system really well and does’t just shove canned responses in your face. Overall, lots of love for Airtable!

Vantagens: Ease of use, basically a database without the complexity of being one. No more managing of tabulated data via spreadsheet or simple table in word processing software. I also like the fact that I can do data entry in expanded and table views (I have a base called “Ideas”, where each column correspond to an area of interest in idea generation, e.g. Problem, Market, Competition, Elevator Pitch etc. - which the preferred data entry method is in the Expanded Jew; where as for base such as my “Bank Transactions Tracker”, the table field is better. I also like how they aren’t just focusing on being American (yay to company that bother to cater to ALL date format under the sky) although for some other colum type they haven’t got down to it yet (telephone number etc.). Personally I am a big fan of the Pro feature Blocks, which I used to create performace dashboards for my freelance subscription business. The Blocks feature is the only reason I opt to pay, although I am paying mostly out of my credits accumulated during the earlier days of Airtable. Also like the community that’s building on top of it, forum is very active and lots of power users to learn from. Combine with with other IaaS tool such as Zapier and you get a really powerful tool.

Desvantagens: Insufficient control (can be easy to make mistake such as accidental typing etc.), lack of data validation (upon data entry), and interface could use more customization (e.g. lots of empty/white spaces in Card views, can’t have multiple lines in field header etc.).

A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!

Avaliado em 29/08/2018
Devlyn M.
Roupa e moda, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features. I'm currently using it for:
-production queue
-development outlines and goal setting
- inventory tracking linked with vendor management
- galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook
- managing home chores and tasks
- keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

Vantagens: I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features. It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook. The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include. You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

Desvantagens: It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level. One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

Airtable is the Spreadsheet (and more) Application Everyone Needs

Avaliado em 28/08/2018
Brett W.
Lead Developer
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: As I mentioned before, I am now using the application for QA and bug tracking, but have also used it for task tracking on collaborative projects I work on, which I've found to be really effective. I run my own business and am the only employee, so I don't need a full fledged project management solution and found this to be a great alternative when working with other companies that don't use one for web development, either. Since Airtable also provides different ways to view data (Grid, Form, Gallery, Calendar, Kanban) the ways in which this product can be used are infinite. There's even a mobile app!

Vantagens: As an early adopter of Airtable, I've seen the program grow from a more functional and intuitive version of Excel to a full fledged application that can do anything from spreadsheet management to producing a CRM or project workflow. Initially, I used the application for QA and bug tracking, but now I use it for inventory for art I collect (I can even include photos for visual reference), lead tracking and generation, and a few other practical things. The more I use Airtable, the more I'm impressed with how much potential the application has to positively impact any business, organization, or individual.

Desvantagens: For first time users, it can be a bit intimidating, especially if checking out the application, casually. One great resource that Airtable introduced is Airtable Universe, which highlights and demonstrates working and real examples of how companies and industries are using Airtable to track deadlines, scheduling, and a slew of other use cases. I would recommend that as the starting point for any novice of the application or anyone interested in giving it a try.

The Evolution Of The Spreadsheet

Avaliado em 24/06/2018
Miguel G.
Design gráfico, 2-10 funcionários
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Airtable is a refreshing new look at what spreadsheets can be. It is great for organizations with varying degrees of user experiences with spreadsheets. And if your organization uses spreadsheets quite extensively, then this might be a great alternative. As mentioned in Cons, the proprietary nature of Airtable means that if you need to keep a standalone copy in a file format, you will not be able to do so. You can import those current spreadsheets, but once manipulated and modified in Airtable, you must continue using it. So, archival files are not possible. Something to consider, as some enterprise environment do like to keep electronic files locally archived for attachment to specific documentations. Airtable might not be that solution.

Vantagens: Spreadsheets are great because of their flexibility. But most of its power lies behind a vast library of functions that users must have a good understanding about its syntax and how to use it. Add to that the fact that they are not exactly pretty to look at. The solution lies with Airtable. Coined as part spreadsheet and part database, it provides a new way of displaying vital information without all the hassles of setting up a spreadsheet. For starters, Airtable offers a vast array of templates and layouts to choose from. If you are proficient, or the templates simply do not provide you with the necessary layout, you can start one from scratch. Maybe even create your own template. Airtable is like a high performance spreadsheet with a serious upgrade on its user interface. Even the user experience is something quite amazing. YOu add, remove or modify the columns and configure them to accept the data you need. It does all a spreadsheet can do, except that its coolest feature is its ability to go from a grid appearance, like your typical spreadsheet, to a form appearance, which resembles more of a database. Airtable offers a wide array of functionality in its free subscription level. Upgrades offer more customization options that enhance the functionality and appearance of your table. And to make the transition from regular old boring spreadsheets to Airtable, they offer importing of your data to start off with.

Desvantagens: It is much easier than your typical spreadsheet, but if you are a true spreadsheet power user, you may find a bit of a lack in its functionality. Again, only if you are a power user, which most of us are really not when it comes to everything spreadsheets can do. There are limited hover over hints for the buttons and fields, so you need to really click on them to find out what they are used for. Novice spreadsheet users will still find a similar learning curve with Airtable, but because the core functionalities are visible from the top ribbon, it does make it just a bit easier to use. But, remember, there will still be a slight learning curve, especially with more advance features. Please note, it does well at importing those current spreadsheets, but Airtable is proprietary and online, and does not do well if you need to export it into a document for archival purposes.

fantastic solution for information-oriented project management

Avaliado em 27/03/2018
Director of Operations and Product Development
Animação, 13-50 funcionários
Usou o software para: 1 a 5 meses
Fonte: GetApp
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: * lends itself well to building information tracking resources
* simple data-driven layout
* scalable project areas
my operations team uses airtable to manage a lot of information flow and have converted complex tracking resources into the airtable format. the fact that we now utilize the app for a lot of these solutions is a testament to its immediate strengths. i enjoy how airtable doesn't necessarily force me into any specific workflow, which has been the major reason why other project management solutions don't work--everyone has a different philosophy around project management.

Desvantagens: * pricing model
* learning curve
* communication management
* lack of certain standard features
there are a lot of glaring pain points that my team encounters on a weekly basis which makes airtable, not necessarily the perfect solution but rather the best we've found so far. first off, airtable is too expensive for my company based specifically on their pricing model. to note, airtable charges per user per workspace. each member of my team manages specific projects related to a different area of the business. for ease of organization, we have a separate airtable workspace built to accomodate each employee. for example, we have a workspace for finance projects and a workspace for customer support projects. from a visual project management standpoint, this makes the most sense. sometimes our finance manager will need to engage and comment on a project base going on in the customer support workspace and vice versa. this engagement occurs daily. if you're a single user, incredibly small team or your company is client-based (where these costs would go into your billing), airtable's pricing model may not be much of a hinderance. there is a high learning curve when you get started. this is about a week of tutorials and deep-diving into the app. a lot of this time was spent modifying personal workflows to best utilize airtable. after that week of hair-pulling and a lot of cursing at our computer screens everything immediately became easier. one strong flaw in airtable is its team communication solutions. you have the ability to run comment strings on individual data rows, but an overall tab dedicated to general discussion would be immensely helpful to streamline discussion and reduce the amount of hunting/pecking for information. for a project management solution, airtable is fairly weak at offering seemingly standard task management features like scheduled notifications and workback timelines. after enough online digging, you can sometimes stumble upon a "good enough" solution. on this subject, archiving is not at all available, which is one of the more "seriously?" missing features.

Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs improvement.

Avaliado em 10/10/2017
Project Manager & CSR
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Vantagens: Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose. We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then filter things out in a specific view that allows you to see only what you want is useful and makes it so you don't have to have multiple spreadsheets with the same data. For example we have an invoicing view, that's filtered easily to show costs. Then a post event inventory view where clients can see what they can use for next event. We also have a QC view where our team members can easily QC the product without all the unnecessary data in their view/way. We also use filters to easily show us what still needs to be approved and what is left to be produced for the event. It's a been a great way for us to manage large scale projects and our clients love it. Also, the fact that it has a phone app is helpful to us since we work events, we are constantly on the road traveling and not always at a computer.
The ability to download the spreadsheets is simple also, so when I need to create an XLS file to accompany our invoice, this is simple and easy for me to do.

Desvantagens: The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer to be able to go and note/change info for one column and not be able to add/remove anything. For example they could go in and put "approved" for a line item that they approve for production, but can't change any cells not in that column. I'm not confident in their tech support at this time . Recently we had some data loss issues that created mass concern. We added data to specific cells in an existing spreadsheet, and the next day the data was gone. Airtable keeps record of any change in a cell and there was no record of us ever entering the data, like it never happened. We provided specific examples and their explanation of "packet loss" on our end makes zero sense. Based on data that we entered that day, we added a photo, then added a date, photo, then date... all the photos stuck, the dates did not, so it would mean that every other second a packet data loss happened? They still haven't given a suitable answer to this, and if you can't rely on the data you enter being there, that's made us think twice about moving to the paid version, which we were about to.

Helped us understand complex projects

Avaliado em 09/10/2017
Mathias E.
The Chewbacca of EdTech
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I can now build the tool I need. And since my (and my teams) needs changes with time I can modify my Airtable bases to match that. When you build your own tool with Airtable you will need to ask good questions about your need and goals and if you're in a team this can start a very good conversation. It's much easier for me now to get not lost track of a big and complex project because I can split it into smaller parts that more understandable. With features like formula and roll-up, I can setup my base to quickly show me some important information. Like how many urgent task within an acitivity.

Vantagens: The fact that you can build the tool you need and that in that process the conversation your team will have is very valuable. Airtable is not an out-of-the-box just but more like Lego bricks and the (almost) only your own imaging that set the boundaries. So you need to ask the right questions about what is it you want to do and know? Which information do you need and what do you want to be able to do with it. When you ask that questions in a team you will have a great conversation about goals, ways of working, differences in need etc. Airtable provides you with a variety of tools to make this happen but you need to take the time to build your tool. If you don't and "just" use it as a spreadsheet you won't use the real potential of it. We have used Airtable to keep track of a complex website, booking a video equipment, project, ideas, teachers projects and more. One of the most powerful things about Airtable is that you can create different views and then create different processes.
An example is that we have a table with activities for teaching that we publish on our website. We needed a process for reviewing text for errors, a process for reviewing which activities we should share and not share, a process for which activities we had cases for etc. Doing that in Trello would mean multiple boards. in Airtable we could just create a new view with the same records.

Desvantagens: I will say that hardest part about Airtable is understanding the logic behind it and that it is something else than a spreadsheet. I took me some time, and it has been hard explaining it to my colleagues.

Airtable is great at organizing complex data that you need to interact with dynamically

Avaliado em 31/07/2017
Jamie W.
Coordinator of Production Services and Facilities
Serviços de Facilities, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Airtable saves us time, but it also saves us money. We're able to better manage resources when we can see how everything connects. That's what Airtable is great at. We had the data, but we were missing the lenses to put it in perspective. Having a column of dates in a spreadsheet is useful; being able to see those entries distributed on a calendar with a single click is a game-changer.

Vantagens: We've migrated several of our Operations Office processes to Airtable and couldn't be happier. Not only is Airtable easy to use, it's easy to integrate. It might not do everything we need, but by linking tools, like Zapier, it's so simple to manipulate data and let the data trigger actions in the other software that we use every day. For example, we've built a base to track key distribution for our 210,000 sq. ft. facility. We have a table with records for each of the 858 unique keys in our inventory, which links to a table where we track all of the keys issued to individuals. With filtered views, it's easy to see who has past due keys or which rooms are at the greatest security risk. And because it's all web-based, we don't have to worry about who checks in a key because everyone's base is updated in real time. As a relational database, Airtable lets you establish connections between two complex tables. We can click on a person to see all of the keys they've been issued, or we can click on a key to see all of the people who have it. Not only are our processes more efficient, they're actually more productive. Working from a standard spreadsheet, the type of reporting we're doing now would not be feasible. With Airtable, getting the answer is almost as easy as asking the question, and with the mobile app, I can ask the question wherever I am in the building--or outside of it.

Desvantagens: Airtable has a great feature set as a relational database, particularly for the price and ease of use, but there are some limitations--not enough to cost a star in any one category though. The nine bases we've built so far were all things that we migrated from a spreadsheet system. From that perspective, Airtable is missing the ability to use conditional formatting and it's a little lean on available functions in the formula field. So far I've managed to find workarounds for almost everything, but they're not always the most elegant. Despite these limitations, we recently upgraded to an annual paid plan after six months on the free plan.

Airtable for Non-Profit Management

Avaliado em 16/09/2019
Nick O.
Communications and Marketing Director
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: With Airtable, our non-profit staff of ~25 employees went from chatting server locations of files over GChat to having a central location for event planning; communications and outreach planning and tracking; managing ~50 grants with thousands of individual deliverables per year; and coordinating a participatory research network. With Airtable, you can build a database or project management system without any prior database management or programming experience. You are, of course, limited by your own ability to design a system that works.

Vantagens: I like the ability to be able to customize a complex database/project management system without having to know any programming. It's familiar to users, because it looks kind of like Sheets or Excel, but the built in functionality makes it easier to use. We really like the chat on individual records, so when we have a conversation, we know exactly what it's about. We also like the ability to dynamically link records and therefore integrate all sorts of event planning and data management.

Desvantagens: We'd like to see an ability to manage user access on a more granular level. We'd also like the ability to link bases.

Quick and Light Collaboration Tool

Avaliado em 13/08/2019
RPA Developer
Software, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I personally really like the design and interface, since I have a fair amount of familiarity with CRM and PMS. It's a good collaboration platform that I made use for with my personal team in my department and allowed us to collaborate with clients as well, without exposing them to some of our more personal project management systems.

Vantagens: I think it's pretty light and responsive. The UI is definitely a lot more intuitive than most software and platform that I use. The project tracker really reminds me of a JIRA board, and with my team having that kind of a background, it's really been easy to integrate them. But otherwise, it really reminds me also of a spreadsheet platform, just online. I also have to trial every software before I use it, and it's nice to have a free trial that I can sign up for without really needing to speak to a sales associate.

Desvantagens: I think the user permission (such as editing access) is not as well defined as it could be. Also, this seems to be an issue once you get more accustomed to Airtable, is that someone may want to move an airtable but ends up having to just copy the entire thing and perform a bit more manual copy-paste-delete actions.

The best tool for detail-oriented people!

Avaliado em 17/06/2019
Account Executive
Publicidade e marketing, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I love being able to use Airtable for my content calendar and other project planning on a regular basis. If I didn't have Airtable, I feel like I'd be stuck using Excel and I'd be frustrated with the lack of organization. It's the perfect tool for my job, and for all people who need to focus on the details in the planning and project management process!

Vantagens: I was trying to accomplish something Microsoft Excel just didn't do. Enter Airtable, where all my problems were solved! Airtable helps you organize information in layers, with different options for sorting. You can view information in a calendar view or in an organized table with different filters. I find Airtable a really great software for a variety of things: content or social media calendars, campaign or event planning, project management, personal to-do lists, etc. I have only ever used Airtable as a personal tool or in small groups, but I know that it's a good tool for team collaboration as well. With all the layers, filters and color-coding options, it's a perfect tool to stay hyper-organized and track where everything is.

Desvantagens: Airtable is not a software you can hop in and start using quickly. I needed to really play with all the features and figure out what everything did before I made any progress on making this system work for me. You really need to explore and use Airtable's learning features to get a handle on how to make it work best for you. I would have never known all that Airtable could do if I didn't take the time to learn! But once I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy to keep my stuff organized and use it for everything I needed to.

A Database in the Cloud!

Avaliado em 04/12/2019
Evan S.
Vessel IT Team Lead
Transporte rodoviário e ferroviário, 1001-5000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I have used Airtable since beta, and overall been very happy with the product.

Vantagens: I love the ability to link records in tables to create a customized view/form that allows for easy data entry.

Desvantagens: Doesn't work Offline :( this is the #1 issue with the software, but in order to do what it needs to (collaborate and sync) always on connectivity makes sense

Airtable is the backbone of our team!

Avaliado em 29/07/2019
Caleb L.
Design gráfico, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: At Visuals by Impulse, Airtable has allowed us to consolidate our technology stack into fewer tools by leveraging the power of blocks. It’s the one tool we don’t want to live without!

Vantagens: We love using the blocks, color filters, the variety of custom views and last but not least, all of the applications that you can integrate to make your data work for you.

Desvantagens: The only thing we dislike, is how the workspace permissions are setup. It’d be nice to choose which users need “blocks” and which users do not, within the same workspace.

Highly Recommend

Avaliado em 13/08/2019
Sydney C.
Director of Cleint
Formação profissional e coaching, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: We've implemented Airtable as a CRM for lead generation and tracking communication with new propsects for each of our clients. We are also using it internally as a CRM to track our clients, we have a base for managing our podcast production, our weekly blogs, and each of our contractors have their own base to track the progress of their work.

Vantagens: I love how easy it is to use and how clean and uncluttered it looks. It makes sorting, filtering, grouping so easy and easy to read. It also it so easy to track metrics - no need for formulas anymore.

Desvantagens: I wish it could hide rows otherwise there is nothing I don't like.

Airtable in Higher Education

Avaliado em 05/08/2019
Russel S.
Department Head, Academic Technology
Educação superior, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Airtable has proven to be a very reliable tool. It's been easy to learn and customize. It's also been easy to teach others at our institution how to work with Airtable as a collaborative tool, or for their own projects. Airtable has become a necessity in our operations. We use it to track all sorts of data and activities. For example, we use it for an end-user trouble-report form that sends notifications to Slack. It's proven great for us to track inventories, log events, and monitor basic projects.

Vantagens: Airtable is incredibly versatile and easy-to-use. It offers the advantages of a relational database, without the need for coding and consultants. Multiple custom views of data (with flexible filters and sorts) add to Airtable's flexibility to meet a variety of needs. Sharing of views is easy, making Airtable the perfect tool for all sorts of collaborative activities. Our cloud-based data seamlessly updates to all sorts of devices. Integration with services such as Slack is also seamless.

Desvantagens: A few pro-level features are very useful, but quite expensive to implement on a team level. Blocks features haven't proven to be as robust as we'd like to see. The simple pro-level upgrade to the online form feature (adding images and completion link), is very useful. But the costs per user/per year add up fast.

Airtable is like a spreadsheet on steroroids

Avaliado em 24/06/2019
Matt H.
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Airtable....where have you been all my life! I've worked in the non-profit field for the better part of 15 years. Mostly for small organizations with tight budgets. We are constantly looking for ways to manage information for grants, donors, program data, you name it. With limited staff and budgets, we're pretty much relegated to Google Sheets or Excell. CRM's like Salesforce and DonorPerfect are nice, but complicated and expensive for a small organization. Then came Airtable.... Airtable is incredibly simple to set up. In two evenings of work, I set up a base that will manage a project involving 8 different NGO's operating in 5 geographic regions to engage over 500 community groups. I shared the base with our team and they were able to pick up how to use it in about a week. We've been using Airtable now for about 6 months and people LOVE it. The way it allows you to filter and view data is simply amazing and a game changer. I couldn't even begin to calculate how much easier my and our teams' lives are using this tool for our project. What's great, is the other NGO's involved are starting to adopt Airtable for other work within their own organization. I HIGHLY recommend this product. The future of spreadsheets is here, and it's name is Airtable!

Desvantagens: Honestly, there is not much I don't like about this product. The one flag I do have is that when it comes to budgets, Excel and Google sheets probably do have Airtable beat. Other than that, my experience has been nothing but positive thus far.

Airtable--a simple to use solution for keeping track of your dats.

Avaliado em 28/05/2019
Tim H.
Atacadistas, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I keep track of tons of things for my business on Airtable: Orders log (with order profitability for each order), purchase order # generator and log, Parts Inventory and re-order, tax documents (uploaded0 and a lot more. I come up with new uses every once in a while. Airtable is a reasonably priced swiss-army knife for my business information.

Vantagens: -It is super easy to set up. It looks like a spreadsheet--and you can use it that way, but its much more powerful (and simple for some things)
-It shares data very well for my small group. I can actually see someone typing in characters when they are making changes to a *base* that I'm using.
-Data can be displayed in many ways: Grid, Form, Calendar, Kanban, Gant.
-Data can be manipulated, sorted and filtered in almost any way. You can save your "views". This is far easier to do here than in Excel.
-I often import huge spreadsheets to sort, filter and separate data to make more understandable reports.

Desvantagens: There are a couple of improvement that would make sense:
-When you add a new record in a base the sheet does not autorefresh and sort. You have to manually go to the menu and sort to get everything in the right order.
-The formatting for printing grid reports could be improved. They look great on the screen, but not quite as nice on paper. (maybe I missed some trick)

I enjoyed spreadsheets before, but I love them even more now

Avaliado em 21/09/2018
Media and Communications Manager
Relações públicas e comunicações, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall, our office has really benefitted from using this product for shared spreadsheets that many people are viewing and updating on a daily basis. I've recommended this product to others, who have in turn started using it themselves.

Vantagens: I love how user-friendly and clean the interface is. Subtile design elements make it visually appealing, which makes a difference in our satisfaction considering how much of our day is spent looking at spreadsheets. I also like that it is relatively easy to use. Right away, new users can create beautiful, basic spreadsheets, especially making use of the curated templates. There are more advanced functions, however, that require a little more research and statistical know-how to employ.

Desvantagens: This is a new(ish) product, and as a result, I can sometimes think of features that would be helpful that should be added. One, for example, is a better way to see which of a base's users are viewing the sheet in real time. Another is some additional formatting options involving colors and perhaps parent-child relationships between rows. Maybe some of that will develop over time. One more note of caution: if you're using this and you decide to add a profile picture to your account, think about whether you want to have a profile pic longterm before you do it. Once a photo is added, it can only be changed to a new photo, not changed back to the generic avatar. I finally was able to achieve a workaround for this via Airtable support, but I thought it was strange that their system wouldn't include capability to simply remove your profile pic.

Standardize Workflows for Future Applications

Avaliado em 30/09/2019
Gary D.
CRM Architect
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Airtable provides me a great value in organizing my database at Gary Dobbs Consulting. The visual design works well, and it is easy to locate what I need from the screen view. Table View, Kanban View, and Cards View are my favorite for views for getting work done. It even makes it fun! The function of Airtable as an app creator is a great value to me and the services I provide my clients. That's why I've thoughtfully selected Airtable to be included in the GDC Platform. Airtable is a great tool for any business, especially one that has a customer centric business model.

Vantagens: Works as an pre-post app creator to streamline workflow internal/external processes.

Desvantagens: Editing Row is not clearly distinguishable from Non-Editing Rows.

The Tool Every Organized Person Needs In Their Life

Avaliado em 02/08/2018
Seth H.
Content Marketing Manager
Eletrônicos, 5001-10 000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I have used Airtable since its early days for a variety of business and personal uses. And that's what I love about it: it's so flexible that it can meet just about any use case. At work, it has helped me organize complex projects, track content libraries, provide detailed documentation about major website overhauls, and more. In the time I've used it, I've been impressed with the rich feature sets that are regularly added, and the documentation is helpful. The team at Airtable seems to really understand who their customers are and what they need to be successful.

Vantagens: The greatest feature of Airtable is how flexible and customizable it is. If you can dream it, there's probably a way to do it in Airtable. Usually, that type of flexibility comes with a poor user interface or a steep learning curve. Not so with Airtable. It starts where users are familiar (a basic spreadsheet) and makes it easy to add on powerful features. You don't have to be a database guru to gain major efficiencies.

Desvantagens: I wish there were more formatting options for the long text fields, particularly for Markdown support. This would leave the field essentially plain text on the backend, but would render stylistically on the front end. This would allow for many new use cases for the platform.