Avaliações do MemberPress

4,8 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,8 /5

Sobre MemberPress

MemberPress is the best WordPress Membership Plugin. This Membership Software enables you to charge for access to your site.

Saiba mais sobre o MemberPress

Exibindo 236 avaliações

Kimon S.
E-Learning, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 21/04/2021

"6 + years user on multiple websites"

Comentários: Since I transitioned to Memberpress I have had 0 issues with membership management!
I will be a loyal customer.

Vantagens: Over the 6 years that I have been using Memberpress I have had no issues at all with the membership management. I like the ease of use. The not complicated setup and the fact that it is dependable.
It keeps up with the changing internet!

Desvantagens: I am very comfortable with this software. I would suggest to include more metrics on the reports such as Total income per user / total income per product.
Some ability to create pivot tables and charts would be great!
I would also like the ability to Upsell if someone clicks on cancel membership. That would be great to add.

• Avaliado em 21/04/2021
Avaliador Verificado
Terceirização/Deslocalização, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 05/02/2021

"Outstanding Features! Superb Support!"

Comentários: It solves the need of our organization with course and membership management. No plugin in WordPress yet can do such as of writing this review.

Vantagens: The 2-in-1 feature of Course and Membership plugin for WordPress is very convenient for setting up our course site. The support is also outstanding and helps to solve the errors quickly.

Desvantagens: The limitations in course completion. However integration with other features like gamepress is great

Katie A.
Executive Director
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 02/10/2020

"Unless you have weeks to dedicate to setup or you're a coder - don't bother"

Comentários: I've spent DAYS asking support questions. They give the minimum answer with no real interest in helping to find a solution. If we weren't already in so deep, we'd move to a simpler, more user-friendly, platform.

Vantagens: Ability to work with existing content in Wordpress

Desvantagens: Horrible implementation and setup - especially for anyone with an existing membership.

por Caseproof em 19/10/2020

Hello Katie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and Capterra community. Though it's always disappointing to learn that a customer has had a negative experience, we consider these times an opportunity to focus on how we can improve. If you'd like to further discuss your concerns, please contact us at [email protected] Again, thank you for your review, and we do hope that we can work together to find a solution to your problem.
Sincerely,
MemberPress Customer Support

• Avaliado em 02/10/2020
Trisha C.
Instalações e serviços de lazer, 51-200 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 18/01/2021

"Finally, a robust membership platform that integrates into our website"

Comentários: With MemberPress we have been able to consolidate everything into our client facing website. There has been a slight learning curve coming from a competitor's software, but that is to be expected.

Vantagens: I love that this integrates right into our Wordpress site. I also love the ability to create corporate accounts and monthly recurring memberships, and that there are so many available add-ons and third party integrations that we can use.

Desvantagens: We switched from another membership software, so it was a little tricky importing information in a similar way to what we had set up. I also wish that the software had the ability to split tender. Membership reporting is pretty surface level, it would be nice to be able to run more detailed reports on specific memberships - or members that that are about to expire.

• Avaliado em 18/01/2021
Stephen O.
Co Founder
Gestão da educação, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 20/03/2021

"Excellent Wordpress Membership Software"

Comentários: Overall i love memberpress and am glad i found it. I think it is awesome!

Vantagens: This is the most easy to use wordpress membership software. It has great extra features like the importer. It's also very well supported with really clear helpful support!

Desvantagens: The course software is still new and I use learndash with it but there is good integration.

• Avaliado em 20/03/2021
Terry C.
Data Analyst
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 09/02/2021

"Great time saver and essential business tool"

Comentários: I looked at doing my membership site on my own. This is a no-brainer, time saver that gets me working on my business and my content now.

Vantagens: MemberPress has the all the tools to create a place to gather your users and provide a community very quickly. The ability to get lessons up, deliver content, and provide value is amazing.

Desvantagens: Some of the integrations take some time to figure out. There has been some learning on my part that slowed things down.

Veronica P.
Gestão da educação, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 08/01/2021

"The course add-on is simply the best"

Vantagens: After struggling for months (and at each and every WP update) with a different LMS plugin, I finally transferred all my courses on MemberPress. I cannot tell you how much everything changed in better, I have now no more issues and finally I can manage all my courses and memberships from one and plugin! I love this add-on.

Desvantagens: I don't have any complaint, especially after the Elementor integration now MemberPress seem to have all the elements and qualities I wished for.

Scott G.
Owner/Fitness Professional
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, Profissional autônomo

"My LMS Choice"

Comentários: MemberPress fits nicely with my vision for online course creation. I am new to the LMS world and did my due diligence before going with MemberPress. This involved price and functionality comparisons. It is easy to use and the documentation is great. It also integrates well with Elementor which is a plus.

Vantagens: I needed a learning management system for some online courses that I need to create and MemberPress was my choice. The introductory price was the biggest draw for me. Also, I appreciate that it integrates with Elementor. Setting up the courses is straight forward with great documentation. I'm still in the process of creating my courses, but so far I'm happy with my purchase of MemberPress.

Desvantagens: I am still in the process of creating my courses with MemberPress, but so far, I haven't encountered any challenges or functionality limitations that impact my desired results.

Joseph A.
Publicidade e marketing, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 11/02/2021

"Robust membership plugin"

Comentários: Very smooth experience

Vantagens: It's effortless to use. I just follow the videos and instructions on setting up certain features. It has most of the things we want for a membership plugin. If I stumble into a problem, their support department is very much willing to help, and they answer at once. The pricing point is too high; there should be different entry levels. I am administering the account under [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Desvantagens: The pricing point is too high; there should be different entry levels. I am administering the account under [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. There's a bit of complication when using a caching plugin and CDN service with this. You have to remember to follow the instructions if you do have those plugins to help improve the website's performance as it can provide some frustrations. Clearing the cache is always the key to resolving issues.

• Avaliado em 11/02/2021
Stephanie B.
Business Coach
E-Learning, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 10/03/2021

"Best membership platform I have ever used"

Comentários: This software gives me the control to make my membership site be what I want it to be instead of being held hostage by what is available

Vantagens: It is pretty easy to figure out, I love having complete control instead of having to abide by other platform's rules as well as living without features I want. I have tried numerous other platforms & always hit a wall with the options I want but with memberpress I can create all I want!

Desvantagens: Had trouble getting it uploaded to my site but I contacted memberpress & they took care of it for me.

• Avaliado em 10/03/2021
Laurie W.
Publicidade e marketing, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 28/12/2020

"The best membership plugin for Wordpress hands-down!"

Comentários: I've been using MemberPress for for about six years. I haven't found a better solution that meets my requirements. I've been VERY happy with it!

Vantagens: I like it's flexibility and scalability. I run two websites that use Memberpress. On one site I have over 10 memberships setup ... I'm able to upgrade members between memberships and upsale to other memberships. I use it to manage access to virtual events, leveled resources and my contributor team. It's so flexible it integrates well with my email marketing and affiliate software.

Desvantagens: I wish I could offer multiple levels of a single membership. Right now, I have to set up a separate membership for each option.... for example I would like to offer a different price for memberships for those who are already a member of another specific membership. Instead I have to create several memberships for this and it's a pain to manage members of multiple memberships (i.e. pulling reports,etc.)

• Avaliado em 28/12/2020
Miles W.
Owner Operator Magicmiles Software
Software, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 06/10/2020

"Best Software In Its Class!"

Comentários: I use MEMBERPRESS. It does everything you could want and more. I run a subscription based video site. User buys a subscription to my exclusive content on a 3 month basis, or a year long basis. Credit card processing is handled by any number of services. Content is protected 6 ways from sunday. NO ONE is getting access to my content. No one. I use Amazon S3 as the video host, so with another plugin, you can virtually run a video content site, with no load on the live server whatsoever. All the video is pulled from amazon and piped through to the user’s browser request at whatever speed they can handle. Memberpress makes this simple and painless with it's own S3 Access Plugin. Basically I write an article, post a video and attach it to the article. When a user comes to the page, they see the article and the video. Amazon hosts the video, and memberpress protects the content from unauthorized access. The cool part about this is that MemberPress only shows the user what I want them to see in the article. IF they’re a free user, they see X, if there a gold user, they see Y, if they’re a platinum user they see Z. Billing, and All other transactions happen seamlessly, if I need to see a transaction I can. I can cancel or hold any individual or all transactions from the admin screen. If I want to market directly to a group, I can. If I want to send out mail to a long mailing list of users, I can do w/ a built-in 3rd party tool. This thing has so many features, it's crazy.

Vantagens: The ease and timeliness with which I was able to set up a paywall for my instructional videos as well as to set up payment tiers, and payment services that were exceptionally painless. Really the only tedium with MemberPress is having to collect the cash. If it did that then I'd be happier.

Desvantagens: This a small thing, and it really is tiny, when needing to pull a user account, and look at it, it would be nice if I could look at the user account from the USERS list to see their full access and what their capabilities are. It's one more step that you ideally don't want to have to do.

Daniel F.
  • Avaliado em 05/12/2017

"The most robust and sensibly designed of the wordpress membership plugins"

Comentários: Robust wordpress membership platform which we use for delivery of paid courses and learning management. Acts as a complex framework on which you can build a very elaborate membership site rich in features and with quite customisable behaviour.

Vantagens: It doesn't take over your installation and hog the wordpress admin like many plugins do. It keeps itself in its own section and has a reasonable number of settings. Memberpress should really be considered a membership framework upon which you can assemble a versatile range of membership and subscription based sites rather than an out of the box product, i.e. there's still a lot of work to do yourself but memberpress will help you more than it will cause headaches, and that is not always the case with wordpress membership plugins. Really fantastic rule making section means that you can create things like tag and category restrictions or take it to a whole level of complexity and control by restricting custom post types and taxonomies. The latter approach is excellent for those combining this with custom fields and really customising the admin panel heavily. Integrations are not endless but are well considered and usually best of class i.e. Stripe, Paypal, Mailchimp, Drip etc...

Desvantagens: Because it's a framework really, it is possible to use memberpress badly if you are not an experienced wordpress developer. Not making good rules for restriction and relying on per page restriction for example can set you up for a messy future and makes you very dependent on memberpress. The forms and payment workflow could be nicer. The user self-service section needs some work although it can be styled with CSS. it would be nice if the defaults were a bit more modern and adapted a bit better to themes. More action based hooks would be useful to make a very customisable membership signup and upgrade flow.

por Caseproof em 12/08/2020

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate it! We're committed to constant improvement, and reviews like yours help us to accomplish that. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or additional concerns. Thanks, again!

• Avaliado em 05/12/2017
Aaron R.
Ócio, viagens e turismo, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 01/05/2020

"All of the power and options, with much less hassle"

Comentários: MemberPress controls access to back office functions for contractor sales agents. It allows me to ensure that agents under contract have access to some parts of the site, agents who are no longer under contract but still have unsettled business can still access a smaller subset of the site, and agents considering entering a contractual relationship can be given person-specific access to a different discrete set of pages to help them make their decisions and fill out contract forms.

Vantagens: I was able to set up MemberPress on a somewhat complicated WordPress multi-site setup with a minimum of issues (those that did crop up were my own fault). Configuring multiple membership levels and controlling access by membership level was well-explained and easy to implement. And it was, by far, the easiest of the membership plugins I experimented with to get set up to handle membership payments.

Desvantagens: Processing payments on the visitor end was easy enough, but managing the payments on the back-end can be confusing. Automatic renewal is only possible via subscription payments, and I couldn't find a way to override this to facilitate entry of annual subscription payments received in other ways.

Maggie D.
Website Manager
Hospitais e Saúde, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 04/05/2020

"Robust Membership plugin for Wordpress"

Comentários: Overall, MemberPress is a really versatile and useful plugin for building a membership site and has lots of great features. We've found it to be a good fit for our business and are happy with it. Customer service is always fast and friendly if we have any questions or problems.

Vantagens: It's really easy to set up rules for which members can access what content. Our particular site offers downloadable resources, so Members are able to access all pages, but certain resources are only able to be viewed and downloaded by Members of specific membership levels. Once we set it up the first time, it has worked wonderfully and makes uploading new resources for various membership levels very easy.
The plugin is also fairly easy to adjust to suit our needs with very little coding knowledge needed. Most features are already included and it's just a matter of selecting them.

Desvantagens: We offer a different annual price every year for new members, but old members continue to pay the price they first signed up with. At the moment, the 'Membership path' (going from free to paid, or paid down to free, for example) only allows a certain membership to be used once in paths. It would be much simpler for administrators if they could use a membership level in more than one path. As it stands for us, members who have signed up in previous years do not automatically go down to the free version if they stop their paid version. They simply cease to have access and we have to manually give them free access.

• Avaliado em 04/05/2020
Brandon D.
WordPress Engineer
Internet, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 06/10/2020

"MemberPress is the #1 Membership Plugin for WordPress"

Comentários: Setting up MemberPress can require you to know and understand a little bit about memberships sites. Once it's set up and configured, I usually don't have to tweak the settings at all. Everything just works. Creating protected content for a course is super easy now too.

Vantagens: MemberPress allows me to set up basic membership sites as well as fully-customized membership experiences. The code under the hood includes WordPress hooks and filters so folks who are more technically minded can extend it to suit their needs. The new Course Management features allow you to create online classrooms for your users to view a stylish version of your course content. It's quick and easy to build out your course content with without having to worry about spending time customizing layouts .

Desvantagens: Some of the UI is a little clunky. One of the reasons it's been around for so long is because its functionality is robust. Because it's been around for so many years, some of its UI feels a little out of date. They are continually making improvements so this doesn't bother me.

Levi S.
CIO
Recursos Humanos, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 30/04/2021

"(Almost) Everything you need"

Comentários: MemberPress is almost the perfect tool for setting up a membership based website. It leverages all of Wordpress's native functionality and extends it in understandable and powerful ways. Installation was one click to install the plugin and around an hour to understand and configure all of the options. The price is reasonable and the support (when needed) has been responsive. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that the add-ons provided by MemberPress are included in the price. No nickel and dime upcharges every time you need to add functionality. While the Courses module did not meet our needs, it is great to see the Memberpress team working to refine and expand the capabilities of MemberPress. It is also refreshing to see that they seem to have formed genuine partnerships with the other products they integrate with (LearnDash, Affiliate Royale, WP-SMTP to name a few). These are not bolted-on integrations. They are robust and well documented by both MemberPress and the third-party provider.

Vantagens: The purchase and setup process was painless. Configuration was quite involved but the layout of the admin interface and the documentation made this very straightforward. The number of integrations available makes this a solid foundation for our online paid content. We are using several integrations but most notable among them are the S3 plugin which let us protect our video content from an AWS storage bucket. This was something I hadn't even considered when selecting MemberPress. But as soon as I realized my oversite, there was a knowledgebase article and some great documentation. 30 minutes later, the problem was solved.

Desvantagens: We had originally purchased MemberPress to act as a Learning Management System (LMS) but we found the newly added Courses module to be too simplistic for our needs. Fortunately, there is a robust integration with several LMS tools including LearnDash. Once we realized that Courses wasn't going to be the answer for us, it took less than an afternoon to pivot to LearnDash. Both tools have great documentation on how to setup the two systems to work together and we were able to launch on schedule.

• Avaliado em 30/04/2021
Andy M.
Música, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 05/02/2021

"Collects Payment While You Sleep"

Comentários: Memberpress allows me to drip feed newsletters, course tips and customer retention quite easily. Take all of those aspects seriously because they really impact your business over the long term. Memberpress has everything built in and they have spent time thinking about this from a sellers point of view.

Vantagens: Memberpress changed my life in a good way because it did everything automatically which was the dream scenario I always dreamt of having. Once you have a product or service then the only missing link is Memberpress to bring in the money - and it does that without my manual interaction.

Desvantagens: Was not easy to customise the interface but after receiving support with a few hours I was guided on how to modify aspects of the plugin. I am not a coder so getting a non-techy response was very welcome. There could perhaps be some templates to select from in future versions to make this easier.

Jim briant B.
Boss
E-Learning, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 22/10/2020

"The ONLY one"

Comentários: The best solution for subscription type e-learning or for restricting your content. Sadly it is a little bit hard to customize if you’re new to this and the design with regards to payment methods or log in are flat “boring”. The courses “new feature”, needs a lot of things to improve, I don’t even know how to use it and I can’t use elementor with it and has no quizzes available yet. There is also not enough guide on how to use it, the guy from youtube is confusing. Overall with regards to content protection I love it. I forgot to mention, some customers who request for password reset don’t receive any reply - again maybe I don’t know how to set it up.

Vantagens: I really love the access restrictions, wherein you can select any content that you want to block.

Desvantagens: The new feature “Courses” needs at lot of improvement and also need more guide on how to use it.

• Avaliado em 22/10/2020
Memory M.
Website Design Lead
Instituições religiosas, 11-50 funcionários

"Great membership plugin"

Comentários: There are a lot of features available with MemberPress. There's definitely a learning curve that comes with setting up and using the plugin, but they have a lot of helpful videos explaining the various features and how to use them. Also, if you get on the mailing list, they send out regular emails, in the beginning, telling you about all the features available. We were so busy that we didn't have time to read many of them, and there are probably some benefits that we are missing out on because we didn't read them. But regardless, it's definitely served us well and helped up increase our membership numbers.

Vantagens: Once set up, the plugin makes taking payments and keeping track of members a breeze. It's all mostly automated so there's not a lot of extra work that needs to be put into collecting information, sending email responses, taking payments, etc.

Desvantagens: We switched from a different membership plugin to use this one because it offered more features. It's been a couple of years since setting it up so it's hard to remember exactly what issues we faced, but I do remember that transferring our member info from the old site to the new one wasn't very intuitive. We had to type out all of their info because we couldn't find a way to export the info from the old plugin and import it into MemberPress. That was tedious but, like I said, it's been a couple of years so future updates may have addressed that problem and made the transfer process easier.

Rebecca P.
Owner/Founder
Veterinária, Profissional autônomo

"Great for non-coders"

Comentários: I originally purchased WooCommerce and had a lot of trouble trying to configure it for use with memberships. It required several add-on purchases. And then still was not compatible with my WordPress Theme (despite claiming to be, and this conclusion came from the Authorize IT help group). Whereas WooCommerce customer service was horrible, extremely slow to receive replies, often replies were irrelevant, and where relevant required coding experience to understand/implement...Memberpress Customer service was amazing. Setup was easy without support; however, I wanted to do a few things with memberships that were non-traditional They were very quick with help, and it was very easy to understand, and included screenshots and instructions. It was clear that it was worth the money and effort to make the switch to Memberpress. If they fully integrated with Stripe to allow use of Apple Pay, I'd say it was perfect for what I needed/wanted.

Vantagens: Ease of use (I am not in the computer field and do not code, and it was simple to set up)
Designed specifically for Memberships

Desvantagens: Doesn't fully integrate with Stripe (e.g., cannot use Apple Pay, cannot customize Stripe invoices)

Ryan G.
Internet, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 10/02/2021

"Beats any other Member Option for WordPress I've seen"

Comentários: Overall, it's the best membership plugin (for paid memberships) that I've found for WordPress. Like any software, there are minor things I wish it did differently, but most importantly, for our clients, they have been very happy with it as well -- something I definitely can't say about every WP Plugin we've used for sure!

Vantagens: The implementation of this software is hands-down better than any other membership plugin(s) for WordPress. The setup and configuration was probably almost half the time it's taken for the main competitor that we've used in the past. In addition the features ate at least on par, if not significantly better than others without nickel and diming you to death for every requirement. Of course there are several paid addons, but they seem to be for truly specialized circumstances.

Desvantagens: The think that we had the hardest time with is for sure importing existing members, subscriptions and transactions, though it really wasn't too bad. Once you understand the exact way that they need the csv files formatted (and the instructions are pretty easy to follow) it can be done pretty painlessly -- it's that csv setup that takes forever, though, and I'm not sure of a way around it. For sure the most frustrating part of this was the inability (as far as I could see) to turn off notifications during an import. Even though I had everything shut off, the admin account of was still getting bombarded with "new account created" emails.

• Avaliado em 10/02/2021
Trisha T.
Gestão da educação, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 30/03/2021

"MemberPress -all day every day"

Comentários: Our membership has grown exponentially and all the moving parts are managed seamlessly. I also appreciate that every update or upgrade is well tested before it comes out.

Vantagens: We implemented MemberPress in 2016 as a replacement for a 7-year-old bespoke/ hand-coded system and only wish we had done it sooner. Replacing an old system was made easy by MemberPress because there was a way to do everything from the previous - more efficiently and effectively - plus so many new and useful capabilities. Also important, we tried 2 other membership systems first and discarded them because they did not do everything that needed to be done. MemberPress was the right choice, hands down.

Desvantagens: Least - was only that it took a long time to set it up and the learning curve was steep. But it was never frustrating because we had had so many bad experiences prior. Once we started with MemberPress it all went smoothly. It just took a great deal of effort to do it the way we wanted it done.

• Avaliado em 30/03/2021
Amanda H.
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 01/05/2020

"Good Solution for Membership Website"

Comentários: It’s been great so far!

Vantagens: This software integrates easily in Wordpress websites. While the UI is a little challenging, the software is very feature-rich.

Desvantagens: The transaction vs subscription relationship is confusing. Also, the lack of built in directory feature.

por Caseproof em 12/08/2020

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. If you'd like assistance understanding the transaction/subscription relationship, please feel free to submit your questions to [email protected] Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Eric H.
Technical Director
Mídia digital, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 08/01/2021

"MemberPress easy for Membership"

Vantagens: Very easy to set up even though it is very robust.

Desvantagens: Sometimes I can't find check boxes and I have to search around for them. A system tree that is searchable would be nice.