Avaliações do XLSTAT

Sobre XLSTAT

Variedade de ferramentas para aprimorar os recursos de análise do Excel, tornando-o ideal para análise de dados e requisitos estatísticos.

Saiba mais sobre o XLSTAT

Vantagens:

Easy to use and handle, no turning and easy to learn.

Desvantagens:

Sometimes the difficult in reinstall the old versions in other computers.

Notas do XLSTAT

Pontuação média

Praticidade
Atendimento ao cliente
Recursos
Relação qualidade/preço

Probabilidade de recomendação

O XLSTAT tem uma classificação geral de 4,6 em 5 estrelas com base em 346 avaliações de usuários no Capterra.

Você já usou o XLSTAT antes?

Compartilhe suas experiências com outros compradores de software.

Filtrar avaliações (346)

Parag Jyoti
Parag Jyoti
Assistant Professor (S-3), Índia
Pesquisa, 501-1 000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

XLSTAT: the workhorse for data science

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: XLSTAT can be best described as the software for data science from beginner to advanced levels that can be operated without the need of technical guidance. Sampling, data preparation, exploratory data analysis to building prediction models with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms generally encompasses a set of requirements: a clear objective, a software with all standard features and algorithms, intuition, technical guidance, and probably, also experience. With XLSTAT, the first one in the list alone is sufficient enough to successfully accomplish the goal; the rest is taken care of by XLSTAT. In the academic milieu, we regularly face the task of explaining students of how statistical models are built from a set of data and their specific applications accompanied by demonstrations in the classroom. This includes even spatial and time-series data. This tutoring approach goes a long way in encouraging students towards a dissertation project involving data-driven modelling. In this situation, undergraduates who only have some basic operational knowledge about Excel spreadsheets are easily drawn into using a data science platform which runs on the already familiar Excel and transforms their data in spreadsheets into powerful and efficient models. This is where XLSTAT becomes the default platform for data science projects. In short, XLSTAT is a workhorse for data scientists with a few simple mouse clicks and visualizing the response in every step as stunning graphics.

Vantagens:

XLSTAT can process even spatial data as raster to CSV converted files and enables to prepare the data just like in Excel. Data preparation is the single tedious task which consumes most of the time in a data science project. XLSTAT has all standard features and algorithms of machine learning software which can be operated by editing simple spreadsheets.

Desvantagens:

Not suitable for processing a big dataset with 10 million rows such as high-resolution remote sensing images

há 4 anos

Many thanks for your detailed review! It is now possible to load data files which exceed the standard Excel worksheet size. This import method loads data into the computer¿s memory rather than the worksheet. This option is currently available for regression, normality tests and data management tasks but we plan to integrate it to more features.

Ngha
Data Analyst, Camarões
Serviços de informação, 2-10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Amazing software for statistical analysis right from within excel

5,0 há 2 meses

Comentários: Overall, I am satisfied with XLSTAT in terms of value for money and ease of use. Given that I have advanced level knowledge in excel, this streamlines my workflow significantly with the way it is integrated into excel.
However the price is really on a high end.

Vantagens:

The one thing that keeps me coming back to XLSTAT despite many alternatives is the ability of the software to write a summary interpretation of statistical tests

Desvantagens:

The software is very expensive compared to other software that can do similar statistical analysis

Marcus
Assistant Extension Professor, EUA
Serviços meio ambientais, 1 001-5 000 funcionários

XLSTAT works well for Windows, but not Macs

2,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: I thought this software was a great idea, and it works really well on a Windows machine. I tried it several times (several versions) on a Mac, and was always disappointed. The support staff acknowledges that the performance on a Mac is less than on a PC

Vantagens:

It is easy (and powerful) to interface this package with Excel on a Windows machine, but it's disappointingly slow (and crashes) on a Mac.

Desvantagens:

This software doesn't work well on a Mac.

Iceta
Agronomy engineer trainee, França
Agricultura, 11-50 funcionários

Alternativas consideradas:

XLSTAT the easiest way to do some statistics for your company

4,0 há 4 meses

Comentários: Every statistical analysis is done with this software in my company !

Vantagens:

Easy to use, the customer service is really fast, and the price is very attractive

Desvantagens:

The errors sent by the computer of the software do not help much sometimes on the error of our analysis.

Mark
Clinical Research Consultant, EUA
Biotecnologia, Profissional autônomo
Fonte da avaliação

XLSTAT gets me through the day!

5,0 mês passado Novo

Comentários: Sample size and power estimates are easy in XLSTAT. The exercise compels non-statisticians to pay attention to the statistical considerations at the earliest stages of clinical trial design and protocol development.

Desvantagens:

Add a calculator for Cohen's d and Cohen's h so that I can easily estimate standardized effect size for experimental agents from published articles. For Cohen's d, provide the option of entering either SD or SE and N, because one or the other, but not both, are reported in journal articles.

Adriana
Dr, Argentina
Fabricação de alimentos, 5 001-10 000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Use of classic and multivariate tools to explain the behaviour of oxidation in food

5,0 há 4 semanas Novo

Comentários: My experience is great. I will continue using XLSTAT as a helping tool for my research. The tutorial help also a lot in order to put the data in the correct form and to share experiences with other users.I would suggest more specilized tutorials or free formation on this software.

Vantagens:

The integration of the software with excel is the key of XLSTAT. I'm not statician, but use statistics to contrast and model the experimental results.Data are easily formatted, I prefer rows for treatments and columns for measured variables.Using a combination of ANOVA tools along with PCA, I was able to demonstrate which fatures are related to the oxidative stability of different types of foods . Also the use of non-linear regression allows to predict the behaviour of these parameters during time. All these analysis, done on the same database and with easily exportable figures is a great help for researchers.

Desvantagens:

Sometimes I found difficulties to find the best fitting model to the data. Also drawing centroids and confidence ellipses is sometimes difficult

salima
PHD, França
Pesquisa, 51-200 funcionários

My experience with XLSTAT

5,0 há 2 meses

Comentários: analysis of the results of my research and verification of my hypotheses

Vantagens:

fluidity and speed . Also, the integrated assistance is very effective in case of bugs, but in general, bugs are rare

Desvantagens:

the available analysis is limited for research in SHS

Mohamed
PhD student, EUA
Engenharia civil, 51-200 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

XLSTAT for time series analysis

5,0 mês passado Novo

Comentários: I am satisfied with XLSTAT since it gave the advantage of gaining time to perform statistical analysis which could take more time while using coding.

Vantagens:

The software is straightforward to use. The fact the XLSTAT is integrated with Microsoft excel made data management, time series analysis very easy in terms of using same environment to manage data and get results.

Desvantagens:

Some time series analysis methods are not integrated.

Chik On
R & D Project Manager, Taiwan
Biotecnologia, 2-10 funcionários

Good value

Comentários: Good to be an add-on module for Excel

Vantagens:

intuitive menu, detailed reporting, and easy to use

Desvantagens:

Tips to explain different choices on parameter settings during data analysis can be helpful. Label re-positioning functions can be better.

GnimWazou Gaston
Student, França
Gestão da educação, Profissional autônomo

My opinion

Vantagens:

Fantastic software for statictics. Highly recommend!

Desvantagens:

Very accessible and easy to use, nothing wrong about XLSTAT.

Professor, Colômbia
Pesquisa, 501-1 000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Versatile, easy-to-use, all-you-need statistics package

5,0 há 6 meses

Comentários: XLSTAT has been a "one-stop" statistical analysis tool for me, a real time-saver, improving my ability to explore complex datasets without hopping around different programs. In less than 5 minutes I can run all kinds of statistical analyses (and try out different approaches) to resolve a specific question, and then return to my raw data Excel spreadsheet without having to hop around between different applications. The results simply appear as a new worksheet, to which I can return at a later time, if need be. I have been able to run every common statistical analysis with this program. I highly recommend it for students as well as more senior researchers. The cost is reasonable if you compare it with the time saved.

Vantagens:

XLSTAT provides all the common statistics analyses I need for my research and it works seamlessly-integrated into Excel--which is a huge plus. This makes it easy to work from existing Excel workbooks, without having to re-format and re-code data tables. Simply select the columns you want to analyze--and away you go! I can run any statistical analysis in less than 5 minutes and return to my same dataset--with a new perspective. All characteristics and functionality of Excel remain, which is helpful when working with annotated datasets (colors, figures, images). Results of each statistical analysis appear neatly as separate worksheet--great for maintaining a record of all analyses (and variations) performed on a given dataset (i.e. when writing a manuscript). The different statistical functions of XLSTAT also have an intuitive "Excel feel" to them, so no need to learn coding. The statistical outputs are very smart and thorough (and customizable)--including complete tables, figures and tests of assumptions (e.g. for Anovas).

Desvantagens:

While there is an extensive help menu, sometimes the online explanations aren't sufficiently self-explanatory to understand, requiring trial-and-error. However, thanks to smooth integration into Excel and the useful feed-back from XLSTAT when you do make an error, you can usually get to the solution you need very quickly. My feeling is that if you have difficulties running a particular, unusual analysis in XLSTAT then you probably will have even greater difficulties in another program.

Shaoyang
Shaoyang
Senior Research Assistant, Austrália
Alimentação e bebidas, 5 001-10 000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

I recommend every researcher/student buy XLSTAT

5,0 há 8 meses

Comentários: I handle most of my sensory evaluation data and consumer data using XLSTAT. It is super easy and smooth to complete the data feeding – processing – reporting procedure. Now it only takes me 10 mins to finish all thoes steps (without XLSTAT, 2–3 days might not be enough)

Vantagens:

Economic, user-friendly, comprehensive online tutorial, customised training courses, best integration to Excel, up-to-date solutions, customer service

Desvantagens:

Some functions have bugs that cause Excel collapse. I always identify these bugs and report them to Addinsoft. They always contact me the next day and fix these bugs as fast as they can.

Mauricio
Researcher and professor, México
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, 10 000+ funcionários

I think I'm a satisfied user of XLSTAT

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: I have used XLSTAT for more than 5 years for data analysis in the field of health sciences (basic, clinical and epidemiological research) with good results. I have tried to recommend the use of XLSTAT to other colleagues, but the cost of licenses and the need to renew the support / update service every year is a major obstacle. I have needed assistance for XLSTAT use several times, and the response of the support team has always been promptly and in a satisfactory way. I think that thanks to the fact that we are already many users of XLSTAT and that it has been several years since its launch -with which the costs of the initial investments have already been amortized-, they could lower the costs of the licenses, in order to encourage users to keep using this useful software, as well as to attract new users to this growing community.

Vantagens:

Being an extension of the excel interface facilitates its use and is relatively simple. The output formats of the results are easy to interpret and to be used in other applications.

Desvantagens:

For the same reason that it is a program that opens within another (add-in for Excel, Microsoft), any change in the operating system or in the Excel itself impacts the performance of XLSTAT. Unfortunately, in recent yeas this has happened very frequently, leaving out those who has not contracted the support/update service, since in some cases it is possible that XLSTAT stops working completely. There is a real dependence on the support/update service even for basic operation.

há 4 anos

Thank you for your review. Indeed, as an Excel add-on XLSTAT depends on Microsoft Office. Therefore, we have to constantly develop and release new versions to ensure full compatibility with the most recent versions of Excel. This is why, when purchasing a perpetual license, we establish a maintenance contract valid for one year, renewable each year at a reduced rate.

Greg
Greg
Professor, EUA
Gestão da educação, 501-1 000 funcionários

XLStat Review

5,0 há 7 meses

Comentários: I find XLStat to be a useful tool for statistical instruction.

Vantagens:

Integration with Excel. Ease of use. Good tech support.

Desvantagens:

Finding help files for some of the features is not intuitive.

Jyotishree
Researcher, EUA
Gestão da educação, 501-1 000 funcionários

Data Analysis Made Easy with XLSTAT

5,0 há 6 meses

Comentários: I was never a statistician but with XLSTAT I learnt so much. There tutorials are great they explain you in simple language, easy to follow. I love XLSTAT. I couldn’t have thought of any better software than this.

Vantagens:

* Ease of use * Very good and clear tutorials * Convenient and doesn’t take a lot of time for analysis * Lot of features to choose from for the data analysis * One place and rate provides all * Great customer support

Desvantagens:

* I have not faced anything yet * Probably some features are not available in everything but customer support always helps and caters to your request!

Giovanna
Consumer & Sensory Insights Manager, Brasil
Fabricação de alimentos, 10 000+ funcionários

The Best Statistical Software to Sensory & Consumer Insights

5,0 há 2 anos

Vantagens:

I am a heavy user of XLStat since 2013, and I really like how easy it is to manage and run the analysis once all the essential functions are part of excel, and the statistical tests are easily shown in a very well-organized menu. I usually conduct preference mappings, PCA, cluster analysis, ANOVAs (with all post hoc options), Penalty Analysis, Qui-square, and Panel Check analysis. There are many tutorials, database examples, and videos on YouTube that make possible any new analysis that I may need to access. I feel confident and safe with the software to generate business results and glad for the attention and agility of the sales and technical teams.

Desvantagens:

Nothing, I really love XLStat and it is excellent!

Betsy
Enterprise HR Data Scientist, EUA
Hospitais e Saúde, 1 001-5 000 funcionários

XLSTAT is Outstanding and EFFECTIVE

5,0 há 3 meses

Vantagens:

Too much to note here. Probably that it is so inexpensive that I have never had any pushback when purchasing one of a dozen or so licenses I have had over the years.

Desvantagens:

I don't feel like answering this and I can't find the code easily enough to change the rule, so I'll just say having to answer this question.

Celia
PhD student, Portugal
Bens de consumo, 11-50 funcionários

XLstat

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Very positive experience, I start my deep statistical analysis with Xlstat and learn a lot.

Vantagens:

I like the easiness and very intuitive interface. Clear tutorials on the website with important examples. It is a very complete tool for my daily activity. I will recommend always.

Desvantagens:

Sometimes the difficult in reinstall the old versions in other computers

Barbara
Consumer Insights Head manager, Fragrance, México
Química, 1 001-5 000 funcionários

Useful and Essential tools for Market Research professionals

5,0 há 9 meses

Comentários: I always had a great experience with XLSTAT even when I don't know how to do something, it's really intuitive, with patience and determination, we always find the solution !

Vantagens:

I like the way it presents the results and the fact that I can rework each graph to make it more eye-catching. It's really easy to work on data even if we have to practice a bit to master it! It's so much easier than a R software or a pyhton and the info we get is really valuable to understand and get conclusions about a survey. We can almost do everything!

Desvantagens:

Sometimes it takes me a little while to figure out how to organize the data to get what I want, maybe we could have video tutorials when we buy the license with training exercises around linear regression, penalties , ANOVA, ACP/AFC. Fortunately, you can find videos on the internet but sometimes I need something really specific, it could be great to have more personalized help too. I don't know maybe include a training session with a professional once a year when buying the license (or put it as an option that we could add?)

Francis
Francis
Senior Renal Consultant, EUA
Consultório médico, Profissional autônomo

XLSTAT Basic - A Very Useful Inexpensive Statistical Tool

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: I use XLSTAT for data analysis I encounter with my clinical research and review work.

Vantagens:

I like its integration with Excel and its multiple array of functions at an affordable price. I have been using JMP and StatView in the past. The former has gotten to be very expensive and the latter is no longer available. For a user requiring basic to moderate statistical tools this program is excellent. It does reasonable charting using Excel's capabilities. I have not tried the charting modules as they are not essential to what I do.

Desvantagens:

It took me a while to get used to it. The manual is not easy to navigate. I have looked at some tutorials and found them helpful. Perhaps setting an Introductory course to "Become a proficient XLSTAT user" lets say in 12-24 sessions could be helpful.

há 4 anos

Many thanks for your review! We organise a 3-Day training on XLSTAT-Base every spring and autumn. You can check out the dates at https://www.xlstat.com/en/training. Statistics webinar recordings can be also found at https://help.xlstat.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2761028-statistics-webinar-recordings?b_id=9202. Regards, the XLSTAT Team.

Wolfgang
Director, Alemanha
Pesquisa, 2-10 funcionários
Usou o software para: Avaliação gratuita

MAC Implementation

4,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Using the software on a MAC seems to be a problem. If the software would run flawlessly it would be a perfect tool which I could recommend to my students and colleagues.

Vantagens:

Good integration with EXCEL, nice result summeries, much less confusing versus SPSS.

Desvantagens:

MAC Book Pro CPU runs often on 100% evn when no calculation is beeing made. It blocks the MAC for several minutes. Error report like: "Variable is a constant" without any helpful information in the help manual how to solve the problem.

há 2 anos

Wolfgang, we are sorry for this inconvenience. We'd be happy to help you with the problem you have. Please contact us at [email protected] Our support service will reply very quickly.

Avaliador Verificado
Investigador, México
Biotecnologia, 10 000+ funcionários

XLSTAT for biotechnology research

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: I really took advantage for the features provided on the normal version and I will definitly will renew my supscription

Vantagens:

I liked the easy the interface works, and the vast and powerful statistic tools on it. I used the normal version and has enough tools for research in biotechnology. When I tried the premium version I can use several techniques and I really considered to buy it.

Desvantagens:

The high price, and the economic version only last one year. I recommended that once your license ends you can continue some of the features integrated on that license and don't block you all access even the free trail.

há 4 anos

Thank you for your review! After your license expires, XLSTAT converts to the Free limited version so you should be able to continue using some of its features. If this is not the case, please contact our technical support team at [email protected]

Robert
Prof., Alemanha
Hospitais e Saúde, 5 001-10 000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Highly recommendable for all Excel users in science

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Using it for a few years now and cant imagine using EXCEL without it.

Vantagens:

XLSTAT provides basic functionality that is not available in MS EXCEL- most importantly non-parametric tests. Scientists have to understand that the majority of their data is not normally distributed, consequently the tests MS EXCEL contains are not sufficient. While EXCEL is a powerful and often underrated tool, its functionality is incomplete without XLSTAT. To my students I recommend to use at least the free XLSTAT basic version.

Desvantagens:

Unfortunately, there is still no compendium of all commands and the corresponding sytnax. E.g. if you dont want every result to be displayed on a new sheet, but rather in EXCEL style in a single cell, you need to use XLSTAT commands, such as "=XLSTAT_MannWhitney(array1,array2,a) - here, a stands for tails, but nobody knows what you have to enter… this is poor. I feel it cant be that hard to add a complete list of commands with syntax.

Bob
Bob
Professor Emeritus, GB
Educação superior, 1 001-5 000 funcionários

Superb Customer Support

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: My research entails the exploration of the data generated by test subjects making high-speed visual judgements. As it has moved through upgrades I have taken benefit of the additional functionality added into the software by the XLSTAT team. Occasionally I have messed up the upgrade or spotted a problem and the support team have been just that - they have provided excellent support and with my ability to get things wrong that has been invaluable.

Vantagens:

XLSTAT has a range of depth of functionality even in its Basic version which is outstanding and the fact that it sits happily on top of EXCEL makes it a winner as far as I am concerned. Statistics has always been lurking in my academic and professional background but just using and experimenting with XLSTAT features on my data sets has allowed me to explore a range of possibilities that would have sent me nuts if using SPSS. An exceptional piece of software and a brilliant learning and research tool.

Desvantagens:

Nothing - it has enhanced my research no end.

Jean-François
Jean-François
professeur émérite, França
Pesquisa, 1 001-5 000 funcionários

enjoy wit XLSTAT

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: XLSTAT is the only statistical tool I use for all my publications in the frame of quantittive ecology

Vantagens:

Being involved in statistics for more than 50 years, I never found so easy to compute statistical tests and draw figures (more espcially for multivariate statistics) with a statistical program. The main advantage of XLSTAT is that it adds a lot of tools to Excel, now also some procesures from R (still to be extended to ade4, for instance). I recommand it, not only for students, but also to all scientists.

Desvantagens:

The price is a little too high, please make an effort to decrease it