15 anos ajudando empresas portuguesas
a escolherem o melhor software

Sobre SIMUL8

Software avançado de simulação intuitiva que qualquer um pode usar para obter resultados rápidos. Melhore processos, aumente a eficiência e reduza custos.

Saiba mais sobre o SIMUL8

Desvantagens:

Hard to record videos of a simulation run. I used a third-party program.).

Notas do SIMUL8

Pontuação média

Praticidade
Atendimento ao cliente
4,9
Recursos
Relação qualidade/preço

Probabilidade de recomendação

O SIMUL8 tem uma classificação geral de 4,5 em 5 estrelas com base em 129 avaliações de usuários no Capterra.

Você já usou o SIMUL8 antes?

Compartilhe suas experiências com outros compradores de software.

Filtrar avaliações (129)

Kristina
Kristina
Industrial Engineer II, EUA
Usuário do LinkedIn Verificado
Engenharia mecânica ou industrial, 1 001 - 5 000 funcionários

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Ease of use and WONDERFUL customer experience

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: 10/10 - I would purchase again. I also took the training with customer service rep and that unlocked my use of the tool more than if I were to just buy and use without going.Both the reps are the two employees I interface with most and I can't say enough positive things about my experience as a customer and user. They already had the sale, they didn't need to keep helping me but I feel their attitude is for the product to truly help my decision making.

Vantagens:

Product is easy to use but the absolute BEST feature is the support. I can shoot an email with a question and get a very helpful response in under a day or, even better, I have emailed them my file and had support respond with where my error was. I wish I could give them 6/5 stars in this category.

Desvantagens:

In today's world we are spoiled with things like the iPhone "just working" and there are a few features that require some extra clicks when trying to make changes. Also could have more "flashy" charts/features but I just export the data to excel when needed to make these.

Shayan
Process Engineer, EUA
Indústria têxtil, 1 001 - 5 000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

The best software to simulate discrete manufacturing processes simulation

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: I have a positive experience with Simul8. My final thoughts are:-If you are an engineer in a corporation and want to simulate discrete processes I absolutely recommend using simul8 over any other product in the market-If you are a freelancer or a simulation firm working for clients, this may not be the best choice for you. Either go for Anylogic, Simio, or Flexsim since they give you 3D capabilities

Vantagens:

I have used Arena, Anylogic, and Simio prior to moving to simul8. I believe simul8 is the best option for 90% of users if you want to simulate discrete event processes. The main advantages of simul8 are:1) Extremely easy and intuitive2) Online trainings are helpful and set you up for success. You don't really need to google for majority of your needs3) Very affordable compare to other software that are usually +$20k per user. Simul8 costs only $5k / user Most importantly, based on my past experience you don't need a 3d simulation in your projects to communicate with stakeholders since they don't care about how beautiful your simulation is. Usually they don't even care how it looks!They only want results and recommendations. They know their processes very well and simulation is just a tool to help them make better decisions. So save your many and don't purchase an expensive software because they provide 3d visuals. Simul8 is the only tool you need if you are about to do discrete event simulation.

Desvantagens:

Simul8 has weakness in two areas:1) Charts are very old school. They remind you of Window 98. They are good enough for yourself, but if you want to have them in your presentation I recommend exporting the data and using excel.2) All features are somewhere in properties and tabs. You need take your time to learn where they are and this takes time if you are simulating complex processes

Farid
Industrial Engineering Supervisor, EUA
Vidro, cerâmica e concreto, 10 000+ funcionários

Simul8 Review

4,0 mês passado Novo

Comentários: - active weekly usage for the last 6 years
- the team has done a great job improving the tool recently
- keep adding more and better capabilities
- drop-in sessions are great. keep them going!
- increase the price of the product but don't raise by a lot since it is hard to convince management to keep allocating budget

Vantagens:

- ease of use - used to be cheaper than most alternatives (which makes it easier to convince the management to allocate budget for it) - ability to use both coding (Visual Logic) and drag-drop

Desvantagens:

- charts and visualizations - sometimes unexplained bugs happen. rebuilding the model helps - recently raised prices. it is totally ok to raise the prices especially since the product got better recently. but be careful to not raise prices to the level of FlexSim and AnyLogic. In that price category, users might prefer FlexSim/AnyLogic over Simul8

Oliver
Industrial Engineer, GB
Aviação e aeroespacial, 5 001 - 10 000 funcionários

Simul8 - Initial outlook

3,0 há 2 meses Novo

Comentários: Very positive. The system is easy to use and the models I have created already (although on the simpler side) have allowed me to identify how to tackle complex problems.

Vantagens:

Simul8 is quite an intuitive software where models of processes can be readily made and adequately detailed without prolonged training. The user interface means that the system can quickly be understood and interpreted to complete tasks of increased difficulties.

Desvantagens:

I was using the 2004 version which had little support in creating neat simulation models in the workspace, this often meant I had to spend time to create a clear simulation by dragging boxes and lines. I also found the labelling system not as effective as the codified attribute system in Witness, making it harder to change objects moving through the simulation.

Justin
Regional Director, GB
Engenharia civil, 201 - 500 funcionários

Ashford user

4,0 há 3 meses

Comentários: A good experience overall but the support team are essential to enable one to get the most out of the product.

Vantagens:

The basic building blocks are quite intuitive and simple scenarios easy to model. The Simul8 support team are excellent for help with more complex schemes.

Desvantagens:

The visual logig guidance assumes a degree of coding familiarity. Given it is such a powerful addition to a model I feel the introductory guidance on line could be better presented.

Process Improvement Engineer, EUA
Hospitais e Saúde, 1 001 - 5 000 funcionários

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Versatile software for trialing and optimization healthcare processes

4,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: We have been able to model several different clinical scenarios in our facility: post-acute care units, outpatient clinic patient flows, and vaccination clinics. We have also been able to optimize schedules to best meet demand by using the OptQuest interface. Building these processes in Simul8 and testing different configurations has saved us many weeks of PDSA trial-and-error testing in the real unit, allowing us to move much more quickly to ideal improvements. This has made our patient experience more pleasant and allowed our staff to focus more on patient care delivery.

Vantagens:

Building process flows, decision points, distributions, and timings is intuitive. Data visualization tools allow you to see an analyze input and output variables and make reasoned conclusions. Integration with OptQuest can find ideal solutions, saving a lot of trial and error guesswork.

Desvantagens:

Some of the more advanced features require specific coding syntax that takes time to learn. However, once you get the syntax down, it's powerful. It just takes a little time to get over the learning curve.

Thomas
Project Manager, EUA
Hospitais e Saúde, 51 - 200 funcionários

World Class Simulation Software and Customer Support

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: An additional note on the consultant we worked with, not only is he thoroughly competent and knowledgeable about the Simul8 software features and functionalities, he was quite fun to work with and a great conversationalist. Simul8 clearly recruits great talent, both on a personal and professional level. Overall - Simul8 has been great to do business with and well worth the investment!

Vantagens:

The software is very user friendly and the Simul8 consulting team is one of a kind. Our team had the majority of the model set up and ready configure within the first 2-3 weeks. We ran some test to see if the model was working properly before engaging with the internal consulting team, and we were able to do so with minimal effort - the software is quite intuitive. The configuration of the model did take some time, as our process is quite complex, but the consultant we worked with was a great resource and helped us get our model running accounting for all of our process specifics. An additional note on the consultant we worked with, not only is he thoroughly competent and knowledgeable about the Simul8 software features and functionalities, he was quite fun to work with and a great conversationalist. Simul8 clearly recruits great talent, both on a personal and professional level. Overall - Simul8 has been great to do business with and well worth the investment!

Desvantagens:

There are no cons about the software that we wish to report at this time.

Ben
Continuous Improvement Leader Sr., EUA
Fabricação elétrica/eletrônica, 10 000+ funcionários

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Easy, fast, and powerful simulations.

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: Overall experience has been great. I have shared this tool with many other sites in Plexus as well as other non-competitive companies as a great asset.

Vantagens:

The best part about Simul8 is how easy it is to pick up. I have easily trained many people how to become powerful users in a short time period to where they can create customer level simulations.

Desvantagens:

There are very few minor flaws in the software that are very industry specific. None that are worth mentioning due to insignificance.

Stella
Chief Information Officer, Áustria
Publicidade e marketing, 11 - 50 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Powerful simulation program with an incredible support

5,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Simul8 provides extensive tools to create simulations and meets our needs about visual representation of the data.

Vantagens:

Simul8 is probably the the most comprehensive yet easiest to explore simulation creation program in the market. User interface is highly optimized to enable the user reflect the paper version of the model to the visual graph.

Desvantagens:

Simul8 has great 2D visualization tools however it fails when it comes to 3D visualization requirements.

Industrialization Principal Engineer, Irlanda
Aparelhos médicos, 10 000+ funcionários

Stryker & Simul8

5,0 há 2 meses

Comentários: The support provided is outstanding.[sensitive content hidden]was partnered with us. She was amazing. She helped us build something from scratch by outlining a structured approach, being collaborative, working through together and explaining things a we go. Fantastic support, great knowledge, ability to create and nice communication style in getting things done right.

Vantagens:

The simplicity of the software and its capability. Need more time using software to get familiar with it. Like the

Desvantagens:

No issues to date. It is capable of doing what we need. Need more time using software. Basic input creation has a lot of options but it may help to have quick tip guidelines or scenario examples. Handover of model, in package provided it would help if support was provided here for a set period of time. A support service just to understand things better and possibly refine things in model.

Stacey
Analytics Manager, GB
Hospitais e Saúde, 11 - 50 funcionários

A powerful tool

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Overall I have had a very positive experience of using the software. We've used Simul8 for looking at explaining why ambulances queuing at emergency departments in recent years has increased. Currently are using it to look at staff required to deal with call demands at GP practices. We also use it for training other analysts to help them understand what discrete event simulation is and can do.

Vantagens:

I find that the visualisation aspect of using Simul8 software for discrete event simulations really helps management and frontline staff to enagage in discussions around how to improve their system and gives them more confidence in results. Some of the features included make producing a model quicker for me than alternative solutions. One of the main reasons I'll use Simul8 over alternatives is the speed of reply and the very knowledgeable support staff. The ability to export full documentation of your model does help in making it more transparent to those who want to reproduce a similar model in alternative software and it does now connect to R as well as Excel. Really like the ability to use the online version of Simul8 as well as the desktop version. You can build simple models with the standard features quite rapidly which is great for beginners but the additional features like Optquest and Visual Logic expand its possibilities much further.

Desvantagens:

The obvious one is being a commercial company there is always going to be a cost and my organisation being public sector means there is a push right now to use opensource solutions instead. I sometimes find the visual logic help on the website doesn't resolve my query but a quick sometimes usually export to R or Excel for final versions. It is possible to occasionally crash but I can't remember it ever not recovering my work.

Scot
President, EUA
Hospitais e Saúde, Profissional autônomo

SIMUL8 for healthcare use

4,0 ano passado

Comentários: The tool is great for modeling and addressing process throughput and constraint troubleshooting and forecasting. The SIMUL8 support team is also responsive and knowledgable.

Vantagens:

Creating initial models in SIMUL8 is very easy - like Visio on steroids. Once we got the flow parameters of the processes we were simulating, the current state model was built in hours, not days or weeks. Doing what-if adjustments and scenarios in cycle times etc to test future state is relatively easy. The model scenarios show 2 critical things very quickly; the points of constraint in the process, and the ability to meet end to end process throughput goals.

Desvantagens:

Would be great if the multiple scenario adjustments for future state modeling & results could be tried and recorded in more rapid fire/automated fashion. That would allow for quicker optimizing of future process throughput/cost etc. Another helpful tool enhancement would be to install SIMUL8 on top of current enterprise software platforms (ie. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc) to monitor and record activity timing that would auto-create the current state SIMUL8 model. This is very sophisticated, I realize.

Joshua
President, EUA
Consultoria de gestão, 2 - 10 funcionários

SIMUL8–A must have tool

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: We use Simul8 to solve complex problems for our clients in healthcare, manufacturing and service industry.

Vantagens:

It’s easy to use. Everything about the software is excellent. Each year there are awesome updates to the software, adding new features to put the power of simulation in the hands of users.

Desvantagens:

There is nothing l do not like about the software.

ernest
LEan/Six Sigma Black Belt Process Engineer, EUA
Hospitais e Saúde, 10 000+ funcionários

Excellent Simulation Package

5,0 há 8 anos

Comentários: We have experience with Process Map, Arena, , iGrafx, ProMap, and have tested others. Simul8 represents, for us, the best value for capability and value for support from the one we know. It is very easy to start with and has great depth and breadth to grow into. The ability to distribute models to users with a free viewer, providing some functionality to the end-user/customer while maintaining data integrity is unmatched by any other package, and allows us to deploy simulation more efficiently and cost-effectively than any other package, with no hidden fees in the future.

Vantagens:

ease of use, great power as you grow into it, 3D capability, functional user deployment that does not require resources to maintain.

Desvantagens:

sometimes crippling problem with modern high-resolution monitors that is not being resolved.

Resposta do SIMUL8

há 2 anos

Ernest, thank you for taking the time to write a review. User feedback is crucial for helping us improve. Thank you for the positive comments about our software, ease of use is a key focus for us, so it's always so nice when users tell us we've got it right! We also wanted to let you know we've addressed the issues you highlighted around high res. Since your review we have resolved all issues with high res display. They were resolved in our 2017 edition. Thank you for your feedback which has fed directly into our product road map.

Cosimo
Business Intelligence, Alemanha
Logística e cadeia de fornecimento, 10 000+ funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Powerful and user friendly!!!

4,0 ano passado

Vantagens:

The interface of the software is very intuitive and fast to use. All the needed tools for simulation are at a click available. The possibility to interact with VBA and Python makes it a good candidate to develop a digital twin. Simplicity of use also in complex environments and great customer support Team.

Desvantagens:

Some more advanced features needs to be developed more in depth.

Emma
Analyst, GB
Bancos, 10 000+ funcionários

Fast and Flexible

Vantagens:

It's very easy to get started and build your first simulation model. The range of features and customization options make it a great way to model both simple and complex processes. The interface and different graphical elements lets me show stakeholders the most important information from the model in a concise and attractive way. I also have the option to use the software as a desktop application or in the browser which is extremely flexible. The Support team are also absolutely fantastic and really help answer any questions that I may have - they are such a great asset!

Desvantagens:

There's nothing that springs to mind that could be improved, the software is regularly updated and new features are always being added which is great!

Warren
Principal Engineer, EUA
Software, 10 000+ funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Best Simulation product in the market!

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: I have had many years using Simul8 in Industry, consulting, and it University Classroom. This tool fits in too many ways to point them out in a brief review

Vantagens:

Ease of use and provides so much professionalism in presentation

Desvantagens:

The robust features of Simul8 cover 100% of my needs.

Resposta do SIMUL8

ano passado

Hi Warren, We are so pleased that you are getting so much value from Simul8! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We look forward to you continuing your Simul8 journey with us, and if there is anything you may need, the team will be happy to help!

Anteneh
Manufacturing system analyst, Itália
Software, 51 - 200 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Simulation building tool to rapidly analyze and optimize manufacturing systems performances

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Manufacturing systems modelling, analysis and optimization.

Vantagens:

SIMUL8 model building blocks are simple to use but are packed with a lot of customizable attributes to model machines and other resources that are common in manufacturing systems. The SIMUL8 programming language (Visual Logic) gives additional customization capability and control of the simulation details. Moreover, Visual Logic programming environment offers simple interfaces and procedures to build the code. Sharing simulation online is an excellent feature to review simulation models with collaborating teams.

Desvantagens:

So far the support of the software to build 3D simulation models is limited. It can be a requirement for some users who are interested to visualize a realistic representation of the real systems.

Andy
Chair, Mechanical Engineering, Canadá
Gestão da educação, 501 - 1 000 funcionários

SImul8 - a great simulation and educational tool

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: My experience with Simul8 is very positive. I have been using it for several years now. It is easy and intuitive to use and you can be up and running wiht it very quickly.I would recommend it to anyone looking at operations research or trying to imporove their process flow.

Vantagens:

The software is easy to use that anyone can get started very quickly. A user can build a model quickly, run it, and see the results. From there users can quickly expand on what they have learned and adapt it to their speific requirements/needs.

Desvantagens:

Some of the advanced features are a more challenging and a little abstract.

Alastair
College Lecturer - Manufacturing Engineering, GB
Gestão da educação, 501 - 1 000 funcionários

HND Manufacturing Engineering class

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: Extremely satisfying, I believe more organisations should be using Simul8. Students taught loved it, enjoyed the classes and spoke of trying to introduce current and future employers to Simul8

Vantagens:

Extremely user friendly. Students spent time using it and barely needed to refer to my guidance and notes. They picked it up in their own way very quickly and competently.

Desvantagens:

Students did not use the graphics options much which could've enhanced the aesthetics of their models. This does not necessarily mean they graphics options need improved but perhaps they were not attracted to use them as they didn't look appealing (they're used to photo type gaming graphics)

Gosse
Process Technologist, Países Baixos
Alimentação e bebidas, 2 - 10 funcionários

Synamic - Simul8

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: We're using simul8 as an addition to our consultancy activity so the application differs from customer to customer. But so far we used it as;
- a planning tool for an existing factory.
- bottle neck analysis.
- reviewing factory expension concepts.

Vantagens:

It's easy to learn the basics and as soon as you get the hang of it, it's very easy to increase the level of difficulty in your models. Web engine makes it very easy to show at customers. The share functionallity gives our customers the ability to work with the model themselves.

Desvantagens:

It would be a great feature if desktop and web-version acces files from the same cloud based folder.

Vicky
Teaching Associate, GB
E-Learning, 501 - 1 000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Excellent for teaching my manufacturing management class

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Excellent. The representatives we have dealt with from Simul8 have been fantastic assets. They have been so so helpful supporting both staff and students in our use of the software.

Vantagens:

Simul8 has been easy to learn for my students, and the support on offer from their customer service team through supporting delivery of a lecture and the Simul8 academy has been very helpful to them all. We have been able to design an assignment focussed around the software, which students have thoroughly enjoyed and felt it gave them real life practical skills using simulation software.

Desvantagens:

In all honesty, there is nothing I can think of. It is easy to learn, a user friendly interface, provides us with the reports and outcomes we need for our class!

Kanchanit
Business Data Scientist, Tailândia
Química, 10 000+ funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Great software for discrete event simulation

4,0 há 11 meses

Comentários: I can solve healthcare problems easily while using Simul8 rather than writing Python code by myself.

Vantagens:

- Easy to understand of the UI of the software- Several options to set for simulation- Great diagram- Easy to interpret results

Desvantagens:

I used a student version of the software when I was a Master's degree student. Thus, there were limited features to use and I could not link data directly for result analysis or plotting graphs.

Florent
Florent
Manager Engineering, Canadá
Usuário do LinkedIn Verificado
Gestão da educação, 5 001 - 10 000 funcionários

Simul8 in engineering education

Comentários: Excellent.

Vantagens:

Simul8 is easy to use, easy to train on, and very useful to visualize and communicate. We use it to expand the system thinking approach to our manufacturing engineers.

Desvantagens:

The interface is a bit outdated (like windows) and would benefit from an uplift from a UX/UI perspective.

Bill
Senior Statistician, EUA
Papel e produtos florestais, 10 000+ funcionários

Simul8 Support and Service

4,0 há 4 meses

Comentários: Their customer service and support are second to none. As a statistician I used to think SAS had the best service and support, but Simul8 tops them which I didn't think was possible.

Vantagens:

Great tool and very powerful. Like everything there is a learning curve, but you can get good results very quickly and as your learning progresses, you can build even more insightful models.

Desvantagens:

Don't have any big dislikes. The graphics are not quite as elaborate as some other packages, but those packages are more expensive. The graphics quality does not detract from the results of the models.